Windblume Festival

During those two months Aether and Paimon had been adventuring in Mondstadt and Dragonspine. They met and befriended many people from the said places. Now they were headed to the City of Freedom, where they found the city decorated for the Windblume Festival. They looked out for more commissions, but were rejected by everyone, who just laughed it of.

''Aether, wh- what do we do now? Have we been... fired?'' Paimon spoke in disbelief. ''No! Paimon's not giving up that easily! We gotta try again!''

The two found themselves continually rejected at every turn until they talked to Flora at Floral Whisper.

''Flora, do you have anything you need help with?'' Paimon asked hoping that there was some work that Raelin's shop and her mentee needed help with.

''Hee-hee - nope.'' Flora chuckled.

''Is that b-because of the Windblume Festival...?'' Paimon held her head and huffed. ''Huh... what is that, exactly?''

''You two haven't heard of the Windblume Festival?''

''Hello.'' someone they had met recently greeted.

''Windblume... Sooo - some kinda... windy, flower-planting kinda thing?'' Paimon tried to make sense of what was going on and didn't notice that someone greeted.

''The Windblume Festival is a Mondstadt tradition - a festival of love and freedom.'' Flora explained.

''It is a time of celebration and partying in the city.''

''AH! Mavis! you scared Paimon!''

''I've already greeted you, but you seemed lost in thoughts and mumbled something about windy flowers...'' Mavis stated while holding her hand on her hips.

''Ah, sorry...''

''Hello Aether, Paimon, Flora.''

''Hello Mavis. Is Raelin around somewhere?'' Aether asked about her whereabouts.

''She's somewhere around the city. As a contribution to the Knights, she has morning patrols during the festival. She should be done by noon and come and see to the shop.''

''Hardworking as ever.'' Flora said in a admirable way. ''Back to the subject, this time of year we offer Windblumes to the Anemo Archon, Barbatos a sign of reverence and love.''

''Aside from that, the people also give flowers to their beloved.'' Mavis added.

''It is a very important tradition. The shop is bursting with customers every Windblume... And Raelin has been teaching me so much about flowers!''

''What are Windblumes?'' Aether asked curiously as he never heard the term.

''The Windblume is the symbol of this festival, a flower that represents freedom and spirit of the wind. And what it looks like... Ha-ha... That's a long story... My grandma said that even she wasn't born, when the Windblume first appeared. Which must have been hundreds of years ago. I sometimes want to ask Rae, but I feel like it is a weird question to ask her... But others seems to choose Dandelions.''

''Just ask her, she is open to any questions.'' Mavis encouraged the little girl.

''I agree with Mavis.''

''So the Windblume means dandelion?'' Paimon speculated without listening to Aether and Mavis.

''He-he... Something like that, anyway. At least, that's what we believe in my family.''

Quinn who owned the fruit stall near the Floral Whisper, interrupted Flora and disagreed with her suggestion of a Windblume Flower. He thought that the Windwheel Aster was the Windblume Flower. He stated that the Windwheel Aster is the symbol of Mondstadt and an embodiment of the windmill. He said that it represented both wind and freedom, making it the true Windblume Flower.

That is until his childhood friend Beatrice stated that the Cecilia is the Windblume Flower, both Quinn and Flora became confused and started debating about the 'true' Windblume Flower. 

Aether and Paimon then decided to leave it all to Mavis and see more of the festival and find Venti to ask him about the Windblume Flower.

After a while the three still debated about the 'true' Windblume Flower, whereas Mavis just sat on the stair and boredly looked at them.

''What are you guys discussing?'' All three of them turned around towards the voice and saw Raelin and Kaeya look at them confused.

''They are discussing what a 'true' Windblume Flower is.'' Mavis informed.

''A 'true' Windblume Flower? I'm curious as well. Why don't you spill the beans Rae?'' Kaeya teased her.

''Say, Rae... What is a Windblume Flower?'' Flora asked insecure. Raelin noticed it and patted her on the head.

''The way I would describe the Windblume Flower is; A Flower that does not think of Competing with the Flower next to it, it just Blooms.'' (Quote from Zen Shin)

''I couldn't say it any better.'' Kaeya praised.

Flora and Beatrice seemed to get what Raelin was saying but Quinn...

''Flower... Bloom... Next to another flower... I don't understand.'' he admitted.

''Unbelievable.'' Beatrice sighed. ''She means that every flower can be a Windblume Flower.''

''As they all are beautiful and special in their own way and that we are free to choose our own Windblume Flower.''

''Bravo. It seems that the ladies gets it.'' Kaeya clapped.

''I see...'' Quinn muttered and left with Beatrice.

''Good, now that, that is resolved. How is the shop going you two?''

''Same as always during this time of year.'' Flora assured her. ''You don't have to stay here, I got Mavis with me!''

''Yep!''

''Haha, great. Remember to rest once in a while.''

Flora and Mavis nodded and went into the shop.

''Now that we are done patrolling should we head to the plaza after checking in with the other Knights?'' Kaeya asked.

''Sure, let's do that.''

Word Count: 858

To be continued