The Outlander Who Caught the Wind

A/N - I kind of wish that I could replay the Archon quests again... so I can have a clear picture of which character story quests and hangout events I should involve in the story, so it makes sense in the fanfic...

In this arc you are going to be bombed with information about Raelin that may or may not have been written in the Lore. But since there's so little happening between the quests in the game, I sometimes trail off what is actually going on, and then return to the in game plot. As for the length of each chapter will differ greatly, since I sometimes write for than expected.

Somewhere in Mondstadt - 500 years ago

Third POV.

The people waited and waited, but she was never to be seen again.

The only thing they could witness was the sudden raging wind and the thundering skies.

While the people were taking shelter in the city of Mondstadt, beyond their knowledge, she who they have been waiting for was struggling for her life.

The young half-goddess, was fighting for her life, she couldn't win against the two shadows she fought. Most of her powers were taken away with blood red stones which belonged to the said shadows.

Weakened and tired from her previous fights during the disaster, she became more weakened, to the extend that she nearly lost her life.

If it wasn't for a seal appearing, she would have drawn her last breath.

When her companions from her birthland and two retainers arrived, the storm and thunder settled down, and they discovered a large crystal.

There she was... lying within the crystal, encased inside.

None of them could break it.

She was then carried to her homeland, where she was settled in an abode that belonged to the Perfected Lord.

Hidden away from the outside world, many patiently awaited the end of her slumber.

She might've looked peaceful at the time, but the same was not be said about what happened in her mind.

I'm too tired.

I might not be able to pull it through.

But I promised that I would come back.

Will I be able to survive this?

It is hurting me.

I... can't...

Why is it so dark all of the sudden?

''Raelin!''

Someone is calling me..

''Raelin!''

''Raelin''

Present - Starfell Lake

Raelin's POV.

*GASP*

It was all a dream. I haven't had that nightmare in a long time now.

I stood up from the ground and stretched my body out.

I was taking a nap. Lately Stormterror has been appearing more and more often around Mondstadt. I was told by a certain Anemo Archon to scout the area and see if I could spot Stormterror, since Lord Barbatos might have an idea how to deal with the dragon.

I've been scouting for a few days now, and I'm losing sleep, so I decided to take a short nap, so I don't burn out on energy.

''I think I know why'' I suddenly heard a male voice near the lake.

''Ah-ha, it's because you're not from this world to begin with.'' a timid girly voice interrupted.

'Not from this world? An outlander? '

I began to be curious about this outlander, I've only seen one in my life, but know very little of them. With that I headed towards the outlander and his companion.

''If we keep heading west from here, we'll eventually reach Mondstadt, the City of Freedom.'' I heard the little girl say.
When I arrived near the lake I saw a blond-haired boy. His hair was kept in a long braid. He also had fiery-gold eyes. Next to him a little fairy-girl with a petite body floated. She had white thick hair with accessoires and dark purple eyes.

They looked very interesting.

''And what pray-tell would outlanders do in the City of Mondstadt.'' I interrupted their conversation. 

''AAHH! Who's there?! '' the little fairy-girl shrieked and hid behind the boy that looked vary of me.

''I mean, it's not everyday that you meet outlanders in this world.'' I continued to speak. ''So, who are you?''

''I'm Aether and this is my guide Paimon.'' the boy spoke while the fairy-girl slowly floated in sight.

''Hello, Paimon's name is Paimon. Please don't eat me...'' Paimon said a little less scared.

''Haha, don't worry. I won't eat you. You can't be too careful when two strangers wants to enter ones home'.'' I reassured the little fairy-girl Paimon. ''As long as you don't make any trouble, I'm happy.''

''Home? Could you be a God or something?'' Paimon asked bluntly.

''Hmm... Well I'm not completely human... Little old me is just a mere peaceful creature.''

'Paimon might seem naíve and blunt, but she pays attention to details.'

''Hehe, I was just curious because of your wing-like ears or whatever they are... Hehe.'' Paimon said her reason.

''Your eyes also seem very different from people'' the boy named Aether pointed out. ''Your right eye is silver and looks human. The other is golden, has a diamond-shaped pupil.''

''Well, that's understandable. You can't choose how you look like when you're born.'' I tried to trail off the conversation.

''If you're from Mondstadt that means you know a lot about the city and how to get there, right?'' Aether thankfully asked me something unrelated to me.

''Of course. Mondstadt is the city of wind, because they worship the God of Anemo, Barbatos.''

''There are also a lots of bards there, so perhaps one of them has heard news of your sister.'' Paimon explained to Aether.

''Sister?'' I asked curiously.

''My sister and I traveled through the universe. I got separated from her, when we encountered an unknown God...'' Aether then told me the whole story of how he got stranded on a beach and eventually fished up Paimon.

''I see. I haven't heard anything about that event, but I'll keep it in mind. No one should be separated from their loved ones.'' I reassured Aether. ''And Paimon is right, you should try your luck in the city.''

''Thank you.'' Aether thanked me.

''The shortest way to the city is from the Whispering Woods.'' I pointed at the woods in sight. ''But you have to be careful, lately we have been having our hands full with a dragon roaming around.''

''A dragon?!'' Paimon shrieked.

''We will be careful. Thanks.'' Aether said and looked at Paimon.

I then left the two of them without them noticing.

''Oh! I forgot to ask about your name...?'' Paimon wanted to ask, but I was already gone. ''Ugh... She is gone... I haven't even asked her what a dragon looked like...''

''I thought you knew what it was, judging by your reaction earlier...?''

''He he, it sounded dangerous, so that's why... He he.'' Paimon sweatdropped a little.

Word count: 1081

To be continued - Please leave a like and comment