Gates of Occultum

A/N - So, I got Raelin some new clothes which she will be wearing from Liyue arc and so on. Do you want to see it, when I release the new chapter next saturday or wait for Liyue arc?

Venti took the Lyre, and felt so nostalgic. All the memories from the past rushed through his head, both happy and sad.

''The pattern of flowing wind carved on the rosewood... and the strings still feel cool to the touch too. Oh, the memories...'' Venti reminisced about his past where he played the Lyre thousands of years ago.

''What do you think Venti? Can you summon Dvalin?'' Jean asked without second thought.

''The lyre is the real thing, but I doubt it is going to work.'' Raelin answered in Venti's stead. He tends to talk without thinking when he reminisces about the past. She wouldn't want him to reveal his real identity.

''I mean, the Lyre has been existing for thousand years. I can't feel any Anemo power from it, so it must been run dry.'' Raelin continued to maintain their attention to her, and away from Venti.

''I see, so you're saying that it can't play music even fit for Diluc's tavern...?'' Venti played along in his own way.

''Bards fight to get on the stage of my tavern. Don't make assumptions!'' Diluc growled at Venti's comment.

''You! Did you just borrow the Holy Lyre to play music for drunkards to hear?'' Paimon scolded Venti.

''He-he.''

''What do you mean 'he-he'?! ''

''Anyway, if what Raelin says is true... We won't be able to call Dvalin with it.'' Venti ignored the annoyed Paimon.

''Before we start, Raelin can't you play the Lyre. I mean you have a gods blood running through your veins?'' Aether wondered.

''He's right! Why bothering with this bard, when you can play it?'' Paimon wondered too.

''Ahh, regarding that. I'm not good at playing a lyres', I prefer playing a Flute and the Guzheng.'' Raelin lied in order for Venti to play. ''Aether, you're up!''

''I don't know how to fix instruments.'' Aether said confused.

''Relax! It's not broken.'' Venti spoke ahead again.

''The Anemo power has diminished. Do you still have Dvalin's Teardrop Crystal with you? We can try to use it in order to restore the Lyre's power.'' Raelin quickly interfered.

Jean noticed that Raelin has been quick to intervene when Venti was the one being questioned, or got involved in matters a normal bard wouldn't know.

''Let's give it a try.'' Aether said and took the Teardrop Crystal out.

As the lyre was in poor shape, they managed to restore it to and extend with the help of the Purified Teardrop Crystals.

''It worked as Raelin suggested.'' Venti remarked.

''The youthful glow...'' Jean said in awe.

''It's like a spring breeze, moving over the meadows. Its warm touch, is like the sun's kiss on your skin.'' Raelin enjoyed the power running through the Lyre.

''Are you changing profession now Raelin? You sound just like a bard.'' Diluc said sarcastically.

Raelin laughed sheepishly and bent her horns down. ''Ha ha, no. It's just been a while since I felt the power of the Anemo Archon. It was always so warm and comfortable to be around.''

Venti smiled at her comment. He realized that he might have been gone too long, and that Raelin might feel a little lonely.

''Thanks to our Traveler friend, the Holy Lyre won't continue to lose power.'' Venti spoke.

''Even so, its power is far from replenished. It'd be great if we could get more tears.'' Raelin informed.

''How do we do that?'' Aether wondered.

''Suffering alone in some deserted place, Dvalin will always be crying...''

''Poor baby...'' Paimon commented sadly.

''This is not something the Honorary Knight can do alone. I will mobilize the rest of the knights to assist.'' Jean said to lift the spirit.

''And I will have Kamui join the search too.'' Raelin said.

''Heroes supporting each other and setting out on a journey together... How exciting! Lemme come up with a song for you.''

''Is that all you're going to do? Just sing?'' Paimon deadpanned at him.

''I wouldn't be much of a bard if I didn't now, would I?''

''Hmph... You're so cheeky... You deserve an ugly nickname... Oh, Paimon knows! From now on you'll be known as 'Tone-Deaf Bard'! ''

''Pfft!'' Raelin chuckled at the nickname.

''You're smiling.'' Paimon suddenly commented out of the blue.

''Huh?'' Raelin looked at her puzzled.

''You've been down a little.'' Paimon pointed out.

''Thank you, Paimon.'' Raelin said. ''Jean, we should split up. I'll stay in the city in case something happens.''

''Are you sure?'' Jean asked a little confused.

''I'm sure. You don't need me in a big group like this.''

''If you say so...''

'' And... Uhm... Know that we know that the Teardrops Crystals can be purified and used to restore the Holy Lyre...'' Raelin paused a few seconds pondering how to make an announcement. ''I.. Uhm... Have kind of... already collected three of them since Dvalin arrived... He-he...''

''HUH?!'' Everybody was surprised at her announcement, even Venti.

''WHAT?! Three?! And you didn't think to mention it before?!'' Paimon yelled at her.

''Here's the crystals.'' Raelin ignored Paimon.

Raelin extended her hand and a small magic circle appeared. Suddenly three impurified crystals floated through the circle that worked as a portal.

''Wow, that was amazing.'' Paimon commented in awe.

Aether purified the crystal and the Lyre's power was restored further.

''Good! I think that a few more Teardrop Crystals is enough to power the Lyre up.'' Raelin informed. ''Let me watch over the Lyre while you guys find more.''

''Good idea, if anyone tries to get their hand on it, they'll be no match for you.'' Diluc remarked.

Raelin extended her hand towards the Lyre and Raelin's power floated around it. Then she summoned a portal and the Lyre automatically floated through it.

''I suggest that we meet up at Dawn Winery tonight. If it's alright with you Diluc?''

''I have nothing against it.'' Diluc answered unbothered.

Word count: 938

To be continued - Please leave a like and follow if you want to be notified of new chapters.