The Mere Creature of Mondstadt

Third POV.

Amber led Aether and Paimon into the city and presented Aether a Wind Glider. She was teaching him how to operate with it.

But what they didn't know was that the dragon Stormterror set his course towards the city. The sky became more and more darker as he neared the city. He soared wildly through the city and stopped above the Anemo Archon Statue in front the Favonius Cathedral.

In order to attack the city, Stormterror summoned tornadoes at the plaza. On of them even swallowed Aether, who then used his wind glider to escape and soared above the raging tornadoes.

Stormterror saw Aether and attempted to attack him, but failed as Aether was quick to dodge. They then had a mid-air battle.

'' I'm preventing your fall with the power of a thousand winds. Concentrate, see yourself grasping the wind. Harness its energy.'' a mysterious voice spoke.

Aether managed to harness the power of the winds and attacked Stormterror. As Aether used up all his energy, Stormterror readied himself to attack again. But suddenly glowing energy-manifested arrows hit Stormterror, but they didn't wound him. Instead of continuing his attacks, he just flew away and Aether landed safely besides the big Statue where Amber and someone else awaited him.

The other one was a navy-blue haired man with an eyepatch. He walked towards Aether, Paimon and Amber.

''You actually got the power to go up against a dragon... Are you a new ally... or a new storm?'' he asked in a nonchalant manner.

''Stormterror is attacking Mondstadt itself! Kaeya, Aether, we must...'' Amber panicked at the situation at hand.

''Hold on, Amber. You forgot to introduce us...''

''Oh, right. This is Kaeya, our Cavalry Captain. These two are travelers from afar, Aether and Paimon.'' Amber introduced. ''Anyway, long story short...''

Amber explained how they met in the woods, his sister and how she taught Aether to use a glider.

''I see- Welcome to Mondstadt - thought you haven't arrived at the best of times, I'm afraid.'' Kaeya pointed out. ''I understand the separation of family. Though, I'm not really sure why you're looking for the Anemo God... But, first let me extend our thanks on the behalf of the Knight of Favonius.'

'' Well, we couldn't just leave the situation to fester.'' Aether spoke. ''I have a question though...''

''Really now? Well then ask away.'' Kaeya said.

''While I was fighting Stormterror someone shot anemo powered arrows at Stormterror and made him fly away. I was wondering if it was one of you two?''

''It's not me. I don't have an anemo vision, even though my signature weapon is a bow.'' Amber answered.

''Hmm. A force enough to make the dragon fly away... I wonder if it is her?'' Kaeya wondered.

''Do you think she's back?!'' Amber asked enthusiastically.

''Only she has the power to do so.''

''Who are you talking about? Whoever she is, she must be very important.'' Paimon commented.

''A half-goddess have been living in Mondstadt for centuries. She has been working close with the Knight of Favonius for 200 years now. Ever since Stormterror has appeared, she has been out of city to look for the dragon.'' Kaeya explained.