Broken Friendship

''She sounds like the real deal.'' Paimon whispered to Aether, who nodded in agreement.

''Raelin, can I ask you a question later, regarding the Anemo God and show something to you?'' Aether asked politely.

''The Anemo God... '' I wasn't quite sure what to answer but I supposed it wouldn't hurt to at least answer some questions. ''Sure I got no problem with that... Anyways you guys were talking about something important when we interrupted you.''

''Alright, here's the plan.'' Jean spoke. ''With her detection magic, Lisa has revealed the sources of Stormterror's power.''

''They're located in the abandoned Four Winds' Temples.'' Lisa informed about her discovery.

''So you're saying that Stormterror is drawing power from the temples?'' I asked to confirm my search earlier today.

''Exactly, Stormterror must have the ability to do so.''

''Our objective is to deal with three of the four temples.'' Jean ordered. ''I trust everyone understands why we are only dealing with three.''

I frowned at her statement, knowing what happened 6 months ago.

''Paimon doesn't''

''Lisa's discovery explains why Stormterror has been sighted at one of the temples.'' I tried to trail of the conversation. '' I've been around the Temple of the Wolf today, it looks like it always has been from the outside, but I could feel some kind of power from the inside. I didn't want to do anything before talking it out with you guys.''

''A power within... That doesn't sound good to me.'' Kaeya commented.

'' It's stable and won't affect the surroundings, for now at least. I'm only worried what will happen if the powers is completely drained from the temples.'' I stated my concern. ''But even so I think it's worth to investigate again with a pair of fresh eyes.''

''That's sounds like a solid plan. Thank you, Raelin.'' Jean thanked me.

''No problem. I think it would be a good idea for me to stay here in the city, while you guys investigate the temples. In case Stormterror should return.''

''Good idea. With you around, I can leave the city without any worries.'' Jean commented honestly.

They all left leaving me and Kamui in the office.

''Young Master, you're not just going to leave them on their own right?''

'' It'll be fine. I doubt Dvalin will return any time soon. But I do have a little job for you though.'' I reassured him. ''Inform him about the plan. I caught him doing his own investigation a few days ago and we decided team up.''

''Yes, Young Master.''

''And... Can you stay here at the headquarters, I need to meet with someone...''

Somewhere near the City

I standed by a fishing spot near the city.

The scar on my leg began to burn just like on the very day I got it.

A day I would rather forget but with the long life I am bound to live with memories like these.

They are bound to be a part of me for ever.

And those memories might as well be what is going to be my undoing.

Because even someone as me or someone greater is susceptible to erosion.

Even today I shiver at the memories of the destruction of the Godless nation that affected every corner of Teyvat.