Against the Abyss

The next day near Starsnatch Cliff

''Now we are all here!'' Paimon exclaimed. ''Let's go and save Dvalin!''

''Ha-ha, someone is in good mood.'' Raelin commented. ''But I understand why. I had a hard time sleeping last night, because we finally found a way to save Dvalin.''

The group headed towards Starsnatch Cliff as they neared The Midsummer Courtyard domain, Raelin suddenly stopped in her tracks, making the others do the same.

''What's wrong, Raelin? Why did you stop?'' Jean questioned her sudden action.

''Uhm... I have to do something quick. You guys go ahead.'' she said while walking away from the group. ''You know what they say stitches saves time .''

''Uhm...'' Jean was about to correct her saying.

''Hey! Weren't you just talking about how to save Dvalin!'' Paimon yelled after her.

''Don't worry. I just have something to get rid off. I'll join you as soon as I'm done.'' she waved to them while walking further and mumbled to herself. ''A stitch in time saves nine*, that's the right saying...''

''What's her problem all of the sudden?'' Paimon wondered out loud. ''What a minute... Did she just say 'get rid off'...? ''

When Raelin disappeared from their sight, they continued to walk towards the Cliff. Some enjoyed the view more than others.

''What a view.'' Pamion looked around the place in awe.

''Lovely for a fated reunion, isn't it?'' Venti spoke. ''Well we must be prepared for a fight.''

Venti took the Holy Lyre out and prepared himself to play.

''Please, step aside! I, the best wandering bard of the mortal world, shall be begin my performance with the Holy Lyre.''

Venti neared the cliff and started to play the Lyre. Its music was tender and heartfelt.

Raelin POV.

'They should be around here somewhere. Mavis has been following them for a while now '

Flashback

Headquarter of Knights of Favonius 

''Sorry for my behavior, Young Master. But there is something urgent you have to know.''

''It must be really important since you literally dragged me out of the office...''

'' I've been scouting Mondstadt myself and spotted four Abyss Mages moving around the domains near Starsnatch Cliff.''

''A group of Abyss Mages...? Even that is rare to encounter. What happened? Did you fight them?''

''No. I reached out to Mavis. I thought it would be a good idea to spy on them, since the Abyss is involved in Dvalin's rage. I thought if I stayed away from Mondstadt without any warning, some would look into it.''

''I see. Good job, Kamui.''

Flashback end

'' ♪Ran ran ru♪ ''

'' ♪He-he-he-he♪ ''

'' ♪Ha-ya-ya♪ ''

There they were, three Abyss mages; A Hydro, Pyro and Electro, but where was the fourth?

There was no time to ponder about that, since they noticed me and immediately summoned their respective elemental shields.

They each tried to attack me at the same time, but I managed to dodge their attack. I needed to meet the others, preferably before they summoned Dvalin in case something goes wrong.