15

Taylor had no idea Grace played the piano.

When she left the terrace that morning, the coffee mugs empty and the breeze turning cold as the sun disappeared behind the clouds, she went to take a shower and left Grace to her own devices.

When she went down the stairs, she saw the heiress sitting with her back to the doorway on the keyboard bench. Taylor had brought one in while she was staying there in case inspiration struck but she hadn't used it all that much. She was also unfamiliar to hearing someone else play music in her home, so she stood quietly and leaned against the doorframe, watching as Grace played some classical piece she didn't know the name of.

When it came to an end, Grace cleared her throat, "You are staring."

Taylor blushed furiously, she thought she had been quiet enough, "I'm not staring, I'm just admiring the back of your head."

"Mozart, do you know it?"

"Do you know Ed Sheeran?"

"Ha ha," Grace turned as she laughed drily and looked at her companion, "I know when you are looking at me, I am watched like a hawk by my staff."

"You play beautifully," Taylor started padding towards her, she ignored the comment about the staring.

Grace shrugged it off, "Michael is the piano player of the family, we all took lessons but he- he used to play exceptionally well."

"You can really play," Taylor smiled weakly, Michael was obviously on Grace's mind. She didn't know what to really say or do, she just kept trying to lighten the mood out of fear that her heart would physically shatter to pieces watching Grace cry like that again.

"I'm going to take a shower."

"Sure."

Taylor still hadn't quite figured Grace out.

"Are you sure we can go for a walk?" Taylor checked one more time as the brunette slipped on a jacket from her suitcase. It wasn't autumn yet but the air was still as cold as it had been that morning when they went inside.

"I can walk almost anywhere in this city without consequences. Parker will follow us, it will be fine. Unless you are uneasy about it?"

"No, it'll be fine," Taylor cleared her throat as she repeated Grace's statement, trying to assure herself.

"It is unlikely someone would think two women simply walking beside one another is homosexual behaviour."

"Grace," Taylor laughed heartily, "You're right but like, god, dude, you can't say that."

"I am correct, though."

"You're a weirdo," Taylor was still chuckling at how strange that sentence sounded, "Let's go."

Parker was standing outside the door. He wore dark sunglasses and a full suit. He opened it for the women and then waited as Taylor locked it behind them. He walked exactly eight paces behind them as they started down the sidewalk, his steps in time with the brunette's.

"Parker ever get lonely?"

"I don't think so," Grace answered after considering it for a moment. She stopped walking and he stopped in place once she stopped. She turned to look at him, "Parker, she wants to know if you are satisfied with your living conditions?"

"He's not a fish stuck in a bowl," Taylor swatted Grace's shoulder as she scolded her, "Parker, are you lonely?"

"I am alright," he smiled, "Thoroughly entertained if I am being honest, Miss Swift."