2

An older man in a suit and tie met Taylor in the lobby and she had the sneaking suspicion that she should have told someone where she was headed because she was about to be sold off and shipped somewhere she didn't want to be.

Everything in her life was going to shit anyways. The media had started to trample her name, blow after blow had been delivered lately. She thought maybe for once, maybe what she needed was to allow herself out of the comfort zone because that obviously wasn't working, and take a chance.

She was sure she had thought wrong, but she was already in the elevator. It was too late to turn around, the doors were going to open right into the suite.

The elevator doors did open on the top floor of The Mark Hotel. It was a gigantic two storey suite, unprecedented really. It was supposedly the most expensive hotel suite in the entire city, Taylor had never thought to spend money on something so frivolous, especially because she had a place in New York. It was as breathtaking as she had imagined, though.

She didn't know that Grace made approximately ninety-three dollars a second doing literally nothing besides being born and breathing, so it was barely a drop in the bucket- scratch that, the ocean.

"If you would follow me to the main floor living space, we can go over the non-disclosure agreement," her guide said as if it was a normal Monday night for him.

"What's the NDA for?" Taylor was scared to ask.

"Miss Kent has a certain image she would like to retain, I'm sure you can understand the nature of that, Miss Swift."

"Mathers," Grace looked at him with a real smile from the top of the staircase, he always got that one involuntary smile out of her. He used to pick her up from ballet and remind her of all the things that kept her out of trouble growing up. He was definitely her favourite butler and that's why she stole him from the main home years before  and took him to University with her, "Don't scare her."

"I apologize, Miss Kent."

"You can retire for the night, I'm sure Taylor can find her own way out if she so chooses to," he gave her a nod and excused himself, no hesitation as he went to the elevator. He had an accent just as thick as the heiress did, but he was likely approaching his mid-sixties, around the same age as Taylor's father.

"Hi," Taylor said quietly, standing idly by the table perched against the window where the non-disclosure agreement was, "This place is incredible."

"Good evening. It's nice to see you again. I apologize for him, he's more down to business than I am. Could I offer you a drink?"

"No," Taylor shook her head, whatever she had at the event was more than enough, "Thank you."

"Very well," Grace said. One thing Taylor had to notice was how her back was always so straight, it was impressive posture.

"I should go," Taylor looked at the elevator like she was making an escape plan, "This was a mistake- I'm sorry for bothering you."

"It's no trouble at all," Grace said calmly, her tone never dared to move faintly out of line, "I must ask that you me a favour."

"What?" Taylor asked, stopping halfway to the elevator.

"Sign the NDA. It's one paper, it protects us both. I looked you up while I waited for you to arrive, I don't think this is something you partake in often."

"It's not, no," Taylor gulped, shit. It almost sounded like a threat, but Grace was sincere about it, "Did you not know who I was before that?"

"Should I have?"