28

Grace and Charles stood in the back room of their London home, arguing gently over which decanter looked better from the ones given to them at their engagement party.

The door behind them slid open and Taylor walked inside, leaving her bag in the traditional spot where someone would unpack it for her if she did.

"Hi," Grace smiled at her in her traditional starstruck fashion. Not that she was starstruck by anything fame related, just that she actually knew someone like Taylor and got to care for her in that way.

"Hi," Taylor pulled her hood down and walked towards them. She pecked Grace's lips and then leaned towards Charlie and kissed him deeply, his hands went straight to her ass, "I missed you both so much."

Then Grace woke up from the nightmare and reminded herself that she was not actually in a throuple, as Taylor and Charlie had been calling it. She was practically traumatized by the dream, and she didn't consider herself to need more baggage to lug around, the Louis Vuitton suitcases Ophelia put her things in was more than enough.

"Are you okay, Miss Kent?" Bridget, her assistant, inquired from across the aisle on their private jet. The way Grace had woken up startled had a few of the staff looking at her curiously.

"Yes," Grace exhaled with a polite nod, she sat up in her seat to correct her posture. She didn't remember nodding off, "My dreams are soberly antagonistic today."

She had to do something about the terrible thoughts plaguing her.

"So..." Was the first word out of Andrea's mouth once Taylor picked up her FaceTime call back in New York, "Your father sent me a link that mentioned you from earlier today."

"Oh," Taylor pretended not to be concerned. She was quite truthfully very concerned. Anything in the news as of late had been torpedoing her sanity and appearance in the media out the window, "What was it this time? Do I want to know?"

"Pictures of you looking very pretty at a ribbon cutting ceremony for that shelter that opened up," Andrea pursed her lips for a moment as she gaged Taylor's reaction, "And then a link of you leaving a Kings of Leon concert with your friends from the other night. Grace was there, too."

Taylor kept her eyes down on her comforter, she didn't know if she wanted to see her mother's face at that point in time, "Surprise...?"

"How did that happen?" Andrea asked, "You were just crying over her a few weeks ago and now you're attending ribbon cuttings?"

"To be fair, I attended one before, too. I donated a million dollars to that charity, they gave me a donor plaque and everything," Taylor defended but not aggressively, she only pushed back gently, "She came over, she apologized because it was a misunderstanding and we've been dating for... thirteen days! Huh, I didn't even realize it was thirteen. I'm sorry I didn't tell you, I just wanted to enjoy it without worrying about what you thought because I know you're not her biggest fan."

"Honey, you're going to date whoever you want to date, I just don't want to see you hurt. How are you dating if she's engaged to that- douchey looking guy?"

"Charlie's actually not really a douchebag and we're just exploring things and I don't know, enjoying how it goes. It's hard to explain, Mom," Taylor felt defeated. She'd tried to tell her mother three times but could never figure out a way that explained what she felt without being weird about it.

Andrea was quiet, Taylor couldn't tell why. The video was grainy and she was nervous which meant she only wanted to take brief glances at her mother's expression.