30

"Is there a proper etiquette for the first month anniversary?" Grace asked Parker after taking a trip to the staff wing the next day. She still had a few days until the official date they had set, but most of her knowledge about real relationships had come from movies since the ones around her were poor examples and she liked crime novels and medical journals.

"Like date wise or gift wise?" He didn't even bother getting out of his room for their conversation, Grace couldn't believe how many suits he had in his closet. Taylor's influence on Grace had not just resulted in changes to her demeanour, but also to what Parker could get away with as she needed him to protect their secret more and more as it grew. That meant he could stay on his sofa and she would have to deal with it.

"Both..." Grace made herself occupied perusing his bookcase, "It's on Friday, I haven't the faintest plan of action and I feel as though she is expecting me to plan something albeit unsaid."

"So you walk across the house to ask the aromantic, asexual dude?" He put his arm up on the back of the couch and patted his hand in a manner that suggested he considered the validity of his 'expertise' and she should too.

"Is that how you identify?" She was aware that Parker had never really enjoyed dating but she didn't think he had labelled it as that, never mind at all.

"Is that what matters here?" He countered.

She pursed her lips and continued on with her questions, "Is it a flowers type of anniversary? Dinner? Is it ignored entirely in the hope that a better month comes along?"

"It's whatever you think you're supposed to do," he reminded her, "You and Taylor are the only ones who know what's right about your relationship."

Grace loathed his ability to not only make valid points but accidentally get her to open her heart to people, "You are most likely correct."

"Uh-huh. Now, there's a new episode of Shameless on my PVR and if you're still in here once I hit play then I'm going to have to shove you out."

"Understandably," Grace thought that was a decent reason. She didn't know what show he was talking about but she hated when people interrupted her television time. Everyone except Taylor, who let her lean into her shoulder and held her hand whenever she craved more contact.

"Let me know if you need anything, Miss Kent," he shut the door behind her with a thud and she shook her head. She knew she let him get away with that kind of thing, but it was getting out of hand.

Grace walked down the long corridor and stopped in front of the next door she could think of. Mathers wasn't around so she knocked herself, waiting after she took a few steps back to give the inhabitant on the other side some space.

"Miss Kent?" Ophelia was not expecting her boss to be standing in that part of the house never mind knock on her door. Ophelia left her clothes in the morning, packed her suitcases and picked up the items from the hallway at night. Besides piecing the outfits together, her workload was light and did not require many visits to her room.

"Greetings," Grace stepped back again, she could feel the discomfort, "I need to request an outfit for Friday evening. Preferably something suitable for a one month anniversary, I trust you can use your discretion on that matter."

"What are you doing on said anniversary?" Ophelia looked for an indication of what may be suitable to wear. She didn't want to bring Grace a long flowing dress if she was going to a bar, or jeans if she was headed to a nice restaurant.

Grace huffed air out of her nose, "Do you have any ideas? I tried to solicit advice from Parker but he was about as useful as Prada's existence."

Ophelia held her laugh back. She had once offered Grace an outfit that included a Prada bag before she had learned that Grace thought it was the end of the world, she had never made that mistake again because she liked her job, "I don't think I can be of any assistance, it is a fairly unique thing depending on the couple."