4

Taylor's relationship with Adam faded even faster after her night with Grace. They officially ended it nearly right away, Taylor didn't even have the opportunity to confess to sleeping with someone else. They didn't talk. The break up was over text and long overdue.

She did do a deep dive google search on the Kent family. She learned that Grace was born on April 21st, 1992, she was a fraternal twin but the youngest of three children as per the birth announcement made the very day she was born. There were countless articles and paparazzi pictures about her family on UK websites, some American.

Her father had never seemed to make a bad investment, her mother had never had a bad hair day. They had a greatly detailed Wikipedia page, including details about the car crash that took Michael six years prior, nearly to the day.

She wondered if that was why Grace had stiffened at the mentioned of leaving at eighteen, maybe eighteen years old had been an awful age for her. As much as she didn't want to look, she saw pictures of the funeral. The Kent's looked impeccable even while grieving their son and brother, not a single tear shed from any of their eyes.

She didn't know that Grace had to sit through a fake funeral for her brother that seemed to feel very real, where she wasn't allowed to cry— but that wasn't her business.

As a free woman, she moved on sooner than she should have according to her publicist. Tree warned of how fragile her image was at the moment, but Tom was sweet and funny, he had an English accent and his minor complexities kept her mostly occupied.

Every once in a while, his accent reminded her of the one attached to the forest green eyes she had spent less than a handful of hours with a month before. They went separate ways, Grace made it clear that was to happen.

And at the end of June, Taylor flew to the UK to spend time with Tom's mother in Suffolk. She was a lovely woman, but it was rather boring.

The night before they were supposed to leave, Taylor suggested they head into London for dinner beforehand. Tom was happy to agree, although he was slightly worried about the time his plane had to take off. She would be in London another day to meet with a designer. He was so punctual and he liked to tell her information like he was a grand master passing on knowledge to the younger generation, and quite frankly, it was annoying. Really fucking annoying, as per her text to her friend Selena.

She stayed in a London hotel that night, taking full advantage of the peace and quiet that came from not having to share a bed with the chatterbox she had been rooming with. He kept checking in on her feelings, talking about everything she wanted to avoid. She wasn't sure how much more of it she could take.

But it would be another failed relationship, something her reputation just couldn't handle right now. She didn't know what she could handle right now.

Taylor made her way up the elevator and checked in at the front desk. She was told it would only be a few minutes, the last appointment was just finishing up. She had yet to work with the specific fashion designer she was about to meet, but he had many big name clients across the globe and she hoped they could come up with something for a future event.

The glass doors that separated the entrance from the rest of the building opened to the sound of Louboutin heels clacking against polished marble floor. The American looked up from her online Scrabble game and instantly began to hold her breath.

"Grace?" Taylor called out, not too loud, but loud enough she was sure the woman couldn't miss it. Grace stopped, her bodyguard and assistant stopped right in time with her as if they shared the same brain cells. She had on a vibrant shade of red lipstick that complimented her eyes in the right way, a black pantsuit on that allowed them to shine.