48

Grace did not tell anyone in her family that she was boarding a flight to New York State as soon as the jet could be prepped and ready to go. She did not acknowledge her birthday cupcake, she did not give Parker ample time to devise a safety plan, she simply told her essential staff to pack and get in the car.

She did not tell them why and she did not tell them that she felt like she was going to die if the information she had been given only an hour before was not true.

Ophelia, Mathers, Parker and Bridget amongst other staff were not all that happy to be dragged out of their rooms and apartments to board a plane for unknown reasons. Grace did not know how to travel lightly if she was not going to Taylor's, that meant she needed drivers and additional security to make sure she felt comfortable.

For a moment she had forgotten about her heartbreak and about Taylor's voice in her head daring her to run. For the duration of that flight she bounced her leg and wondered just what she would say to him if he really was only three hours away from where she had spent countless weeks over the years, right under her nose.

She couldn't even question the suspicious emails until she figured out how to use the email app on her phone and sent an email to the address the P.I had provided and Parker's phone dinged.

"Parker Olsen, what do you know?" Grace looked at him suspiciously. It couldn't have been a coincidence.

He considered lying but then approached, sat down closely and whispered so the others couldn't hear, "That Miss Swift found a document in your files from the week your brother left and passed it along to me. How it got passed along to your investigators I will never tell. I believe that someone might have been afraid to get your hopes up."

Grace wanted to rip him a new one for hiding something so monumental from her and she wanted to call Taylor and thank her for finding what could have been the missing piece for all those years but instead she nodded and leaned back in her seat.

That sense of paralysis made her body feel heavy again, the overwhelming emotions she had denied for so long were waging a war on everything she had.

The plan Parker had devised once he finally realized where their destination was happened to be quickly shut down as Grace told him they could check into the hotel after, she couldn't wait. It was mid-afternoon, the sun was out and she had gotten ready in the planes bathroom so it didn't look like she hadn't slept in two days in case it was him.

She had never felt so nervous in her life and she grew up with comical villains for parents.

The address she had been given was on a farm according to the GPS. They travelled down a dusty dirt road, the tires picked up loose gravel and spit it out again as they spun. Three black SUVS with pitch black tinted windows so dark there wasn't a way to see out carried her and the unknowing staff on a mission she had been waiting years for.

She could see a mailbox through the windshield as they finally reached the end of the twisty road, it had Robertson in block letters on the side and the new mail indicator was stuck straight up. The house was white and in need of new coat of paint, some outbuildings surrounded the wrap around front porch. A fairly new looking children's swing-set was in the backyard, peaking out from behind the two storey house and the grass grew too long in some spots.

It looked like every home where the family was actually happy in the movies she had watched over the past months and that felt like it was probably a good sign.

At one of the outbuildings was a pickup truck covered in dirt and debris, mud on the tires. There was hay piled up in the bed, small but neat rectangular blocks stacked on top of the next.