Wild Dog 43

Ravi shook the dirt from his coat, sending it raining down upon Trever's hyena who was standing in the ditch they'd just completed after two long hours of work. His animal was a bit frustrated with the new addition to its already-dirty coat, but it thankfully just shrugged it off, then grunted as it hopped out of the hole and shook its own body. 

Once done, it flicked an ear and looked past Ravi toward the foreman of the company, who was hurrying towards them with an excited look on his face.  

"You boys are the best! That's all we need for right now, but I'll definitely be calling you again in the future," he said as he handed Ravi a surprisingly-heavy bag. 

"I gave you guys some extra money since you worked so fast, and some of the lunch I bought for my regular boys. You deserve it, and I hope you guys have a great day," he said as he gave Ravi a pat on his head that made the edge of Trever's hyena's lips twitch the slightest amount. 

As soon as they were dismissed his hyena gave a big yawn, then licked its lips as Ravi's dog wandered over. It's tail was swinging widely and its body was wiggling from head to toe. 

How are you not tired? I swear we ate the same breakfast, yet I don't have even half of that energy.  

Ravi wiggled his way right over and nudged his nose against Trever's. 

I'll give you all of my energy, master Trever!

The guy was crazy... but adorable. 

Let's go home. We're going back to work tomorrow, remember? We need to relax a bit more. 

They had just decided to take the week off, with Mr. Spencer's permission, of course. He hadn't really intended to go with Ravi when he'd been texted about doing another round of digging, but when he'd mentioned that the man gave him treats and pet his dog, he'd decided to get some fresh air. 

I think I'm going to have dirty boogers for a week after that. 

It honestly wasn't as bad as he'd thought it would be, though. Sure, he was exhausted and absolutely filthy, but his hyena's tail was wagging back and forth contently and Ravi was bounding around him like a child that had just been given five pouches of Kool-Aid. 

The guy really was going a bit crazy, and as cute as it was, he had to lunge forward a few times to nip at him in order to keep his crazy dog from running out into the street on their way back. Granted, there were very few cars and it was obvious he was paying at least a little bit of attention to the ones coming and going, but still... don't ever play in the street. 

By the time they finally got back to their apartment he was just about ready to pass out. As it were, Ravi was actually the one who ended up shifting to let them in. Which was a good thing, because Trever basically walked ten steps inside, then flopped over onto the carpet with a tired whine. 

Closing his eyes, he listened as Ravi ran around the apartment. Pretty soon he'd gotten the food they'd been given put away in the fridge, then got the shower going. 

He definitely wanted to rinse off, but that involved moving and now that he'd lied down, he didn't think that he could honestly get back up. 

"Master Trever, the water is warm." 

I know, sweetheart, but I'm really tired. You wash up first. 

There was silence for a few moments after he'd spoken before he heard Ravi's footsteps hurry closer. 

"Master, can I pick up your dog? You're really dirty and it's best to clean up after digging in such a dirty place," he said, making Trever slowly blink open one eye and glance sideways at him.