Wild Dog 17

Blake lifted his fingers to the barrette in his hair for the sixth time since leaving his hotel to meet up with Sage. He was clearly good friends with Wyatt, so he didn't mind accepting his request to take him to an early lunch. Besides, he could use a chance to distract his poor mind. It had been really hard to sleep after seeing those... those...

I really wish I had taken a screenshot of those adorable ears!

He knew that a blush was likely permanently stuck on his face after how many times he'd thought up the end of their conversation, and the image that accompanied Wyatt's farewell, but he just couldn't help it. 

Trying not to think about it made him think about it, and as he turned a corner into a crisp, cool breeze, his mind was already beginning to wander back to the man. The image was nearly at the forefront of his thoughts again when he abruptly ran into someone! 

"I would say that we really need to stop meeting this way, but I honestly don't mind," came Sage's voice as the man's gloved hand gently caught him around the waist so that he didn't fumble backwards and possibly fall. 

Once Blake was steady on his feet the man removed his hand and offered him a quiet, entertained chuckle with a smile almost as white as the snow beginning to fall from the sky. 

"S-sorry for running into you again," Blake stuttered, bowing his head slightly even though he knew that Sage probably couldn't see it. 

He heard another calm chuckle from the man in front of him before a hand moved into his line of sight. 

"May I have the honors?" 

Blinking down at the gloved hand, Blake glanced up at its owner, then back down before hesitantly setting his own within it. He wasn't a huge fan of touching people at the moment, but Sage seemed very low key, and he was also one of Wyatt's good friends.

And Wyatt respects him as another master. 

That was actually the most important thing to him. Not only did Wyatt accept the man as a person, but he also knew and accepted how he treated people within their lifestyle community. 

With a reassured smile, Blake allowed Sage to lead him across the street, then down the long sidewalk. They didn't hurry, but they also weren't walking slowly, either. The buildings were thankfully blocking most of the wind, so it was a pretty pleasant little stroll, too. 

Blake glanced around as they walked, taking note of the many different stores lining either side of the block they were on. 

"This is part of the downtown area," Sage provided as he tapped his cane on the sidewalk in front of them, the tempo of it leisurely and practiced. 

He's using his pole a lot more now than he had before... maybe his vision is okay some days, but gets bad on others? 

"Do you have any questions you'd like to ask while we're walking?" Sage offered, making Blake blush and look down. 

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to stare," he said awkwardly, earning a quiet hum from the man as he felt him give his fingers a gentle squeeze. 

"I am completely blind," Sage said simply, making Blake frown as he looked up at the man staring slightly down at him. 

But you were walking past people the other day without using your cane. 

"Here we are," Sage said as they turned toward a doorway and he reached for the handle. 

Holding it open for him, Blake stepped inside and was immediately met with the delicious scent of fresh-baked pastries. 

"Two, please," Sage said as he walked up to the host stand.