Wild Dog 34

I don't think this is how it's supposed to go...

Once Wyatt had finished his shift at work they'd decided to go out and grab some groceries. Except, Timmy evidentially hadn't had enough Blake time yet, and the second the man got home from work his bunny pushed itself out again and ran over to be picked up. 

He'd felt the man's frustration at not even being allowed a hug before his bunny took over, but Blake hadn't been able to reprimand Timmy. He was a bunny. A cute, adorable, fluffy bunny that wiggled when it was picked up! How could he dare even think about chastising such an angel? 

He's a demon. If he shifts me back in the middle of this store naked I'm going to have Sage shave him later. 

Blake fought back a smirk as he tossed a few boxes of mac and cheese into the cart for himself, then continued on to grab spaghetti noodles. He had to move his head pretty slowly, because Timmy had demanded the best vantage point... the top of it. 

"Wouldn't he love that, though?" 

Nah, he loves petting Timmy. Sage is a super tactile guy. He loves to touch things, and if they're soft, all the better. 

Blake nodded his understanding as he moved onto the fruits and vegetable area and stocked up on a lot of different things. Thankfully, they both enjoyed fresh food, and a lot of similar ones, too. 

"Here you go, love," Blake said as he snapped off a piece of a long organic carrot he was putting into their cart and held it up to the rabbit settled atop his head. 

You're evil. You couldn't have chosen a piece of lettuce or something? Wyatt grumbled as his bunny went to town on the little piece of carrot. His hair was probably going to get messy, but he could just wash it out later. Although, it didn't seem like Timmy was daring to drop even a single scrap of the treat. 

He barely ever gets them. He's not going to waste any. 

"You monster. Not giving your poor precious bunny carrots," he said as he grabbed another bunch of them and tossed them in the cart. 

You... are just as evil as Sage, aren't you? You were hiding it. 

Blake immediately wanted to say no take backs but bit his tongue as a sense of panic welled up in his chest. 

Things can always change, Blake. We're just going one step at a time with this. 

The reminder gave him something to focus on, allowing him to calm down enough to avoid a panic attack. Eventually, he got his breathing under control and heaved out a long sigh of relief. 

By this time, Timmy had finished his carrot and was patting his forehead with one little padded paw. Blake grinned at the gesture and reached up, gently taking that tiny paw between his fingers. 

"Thank you, Mr. Timmy. I appreciate your help calming me down," he said honestly. 

He felt the bunny wiggle a bit from the attention, then started shopping again. By the time they were out of the fruits and veggies aisle their cart was a little more than half full. 

Blake stopped at the meat counter next and got a few pounds of ground turkey, some chicken thighs, and a few nice cuts of salmon. 

Another couple aisles later and they were stocked up on a few bags of chips and some tea for Sage. To be honest, they had gotten quite a few things with the other man in mind. It made him wonder just how much the two men's lives were intertwined. Wyatt hadn't mentioned him before they'd met up north, but that didn't really bother him.