Wild Dog 16

He wasn't sure how someone could go from zero to one hundred, then back again, so quickly. Trever glanced sideways for the fifth time while driving, noting that Ravi had passed out again. Ten minutes earlier he had been the literal definition of a pinball, bouncing from the front to the back so often that Trever'd finally had to put his foot down. 

The pup settled immediately at that moment, taking the order very seriously. It took him a few minutes to catch his breath, then he had lied down, curling up in the front seat. 

And now, somehow, he's out cold. 

Shaking his head at the absurdity of it all, he returned his complete attention to the road and drove in silence for just under six hours before feeling the need to stretch his legs. 

He ended up pulling into a rest stop near the state line. After parking, Trever gave out a tired sigh, then yawned before looking over at... a wiggling Ravi. He was still, thankfully seated, but he'd pushed himself up and was lifting his front paws in his usual little dance of excitement. 

"Want to get out and go bathroom?" he asked as he stood from his seat, then stretched before shutting his door and walking around to the other side. 

Ravi had long-since freed himself of the clothing he'd had on previously, so when his pup hopped out, it was unhindered and didn't hesitate to bolt as fast as it could out into a large stretch of lightly-forested picnic areas. 

Trever quickly shut the door and jogged a few feet forward before realizing that there was no way he was going to be able to ever catch the dog. 

Note to self. Invest in a leash. 

He immediately winced at that thought, then quickly brushed it aside and turned to begin walking over toward the large building nearby. Of course, he kept his eyes on Ravi's zooming form as he moved and, thankfully, was relieved when the dog met him right before he large building. 

"Do you want to come in and use the bathrooms or wait here?" he asked, hoping that the guy would want to go in. He definitely didn't want any accidents in his car. 

When Ravi tilted his head this way, then that before turning in a circle and promptly squatting, Trever felt the right side of his lips tilt up the slightest amount. It only took him a few seconds of glancing around the area before he noticed a doggy poop station with plastic bags. He quickly walked over and took one, then shoved a few extra into his back pocket before returning to the now-wiggling dog. 

"Good boy," he said, not really minding picking up the feces. 

He could handle dogs. Pat the head. Pick up the poop. Feed twice a day. It was humans that he couldn't deal with unless he was able to use an extremely firm hand. 

Guess that's why I'm so good at my job. 

Once he was done picking up after Ravi, he told the pup to stay in the area and headed inside the large building. He was just walking over to a urinal after washing his hands when he heard a faint sound of nails clicking on the tile floor, drawing his attention down and to the left. 

Uh...

Ravi sat down right at his side, as if he'd been trained as a service dog. Except, his eyes were most-certainly not on anything appropriate. 

Are you seriously going to watch me pee? 

"Turn around," he mumbled as quietly as he could, not wanting anyone else coming and going to hear him being embarrassed over a dog watching him go bathroom. 

Thankfully, Ravi simply twitched an ear and did as told, facing the empty stalls behind them without an ounce of hesitation. 

Thank god he listens well.