Wild Dog 19

They drove until around eight at night, then got off the interstate and spent about twenty minutes looking for a hotel. The one they found wasn't perfect, and was quite a bit of money, but he didn't want Ravi to be nervous with people walking by an outside room all night. 

He quickly got them checked in, then grabbed their two small suitcases and headed toward the elevators. Thankfully, Ravi was totally fine stepping onto it, though he shook a little and squeaked the ducky in his mouth as the doors shut and it began to move upward. 

Trever watched him silently, glad that no one else was in the elevator so that at least the pup wasn't crowded. When the bell chimed above the door a few moments later and they swung open, Ravi bolted out like a scared little rabbit. 

"You did it, bud. Our room should be right around the corner," he said as he guided the pup down a carpeted hallway, then turned left. 

"Here we are," he mumbled as he slid the key card into the lock and heard it click open. 

The room actually smelled very clean and as he walked inside, he was quite impressed. 

"Not bad for the price, at least," he mused as he watched Ravi start running around the room with the zoomies. He couldn't really blame him since he'd had him buckled in for quite a while during the later half of their trip. 

However...

"Ravi, are you okay with me giving you a bath?" he asked, noting the dirt all over the pup from when they'd played fetch earlier. 

Ravi spun in a circle back by the bathroom, then darted inside with a squeak from his duck. 

"I'm going to take that as a yes," he said as he got their suitcases settled near the bed, then took his shoes off and walked into the bathroom. 

Oh dang, this is definitely not what I had expected. 

The room was quite a nice size, giving him plenty of room to get situated before he tapped the edge of the tub and glanced over at the pup perched atop the closed toilet seat lid. 

Ravi gave out a little squeak from the duck and tilted his head, but didn't do anything else. 

Giving him a look, Trever nodded toward the tub. 

"It's bath time now, Ravi. Get in the tub please." 

The pup's ears perked up with the order and he quickly hopped into the tub and sat down with his tail thumping against the bottom. Trever got out one of the complementary bottles of shampoo and stared at it, then looked at the dog. 

This... might not be enough. 

He was just giving it another glance, perhaps silently hoping that it would grow in size, when something caught his attention from the corner of his eye. Looking up, he felt his heart fidget in his chest as he quickly glanced away from a very naked Ravi. 

"Would it... be easier like this, sir?" 

He's just a guy. Nothing to worry about. 

Except, his mind just refused to listen. He just didn't like the feeling of skin on skin. Hell, even those expensive sphinx cats freaked him out. He would never even consider petting one. And dogs with thin fur? 

Nope, nope, nope. 

"Master Trever?"

Right.

Shaking himself internally, Trever looked back over at Ravi. 

He's just a young guy who doesn't like being in his human form. Nothing to worry about. He shifted to make things easier on you, not to stress you out.