Wild Dog 10

I don't feel good. 

He knew that Wyatt thought he was asleep, so he decided to take advantage of the situation as he was carried through the airport. It was a bit rude of him to play coy, but he really, honestly, didn't feel well. 

"I know that you're still awake, and I'm more than happy to carry you," Wyatt said as they made their way to his car. 

They had thankfully gotten a pretty close parking spot, and after being settled in the front seat and snapped into a little car harness, he heard Wyatt move around to the other side and slid into his spot. The heater was turned on a moment later, and pretty soon Ravi was having trouble staying awake. He wasn't sure when he'd drifted off, but it felt like it had only been a few minutes when he groggily opened his eyes. 

Wyatt was carrying him up the stairs to his apartment as gently as possible, but it was hard not to wake him. He'd slept on pins and needles for years. He definitely appreciated the man's attempts to be careful, though. 

I love this man. 

"Feeling a little better?" Wyatt asked as he carefully balanced Ravi's body against his chest with one arm as he unlocked his door. 

Oh, I had been moving my tail. He really was bad at pretending to be asleep. 

Whenever he was excited, which was the majority of the time he spent awake and not stressed, his tail had a mind of its own. He didn't really wag it like a dog might, but it was sort of close. Any sort of positive or excitement got it moving this way or that. 

"Always distracted," Wyatt said with a chuckle as he got the door closed, then settled Ravi on the couch with a soft pillow beneath his head. 

Ravi gave a tired, quiet whine, drawing Wyatt right back to the couch. He felt the man's hand rub at the fur between his ears for a moment before disappearing. 

I miss master Blake. 

Of course, he knew that the man had left, but since he was more wild dog than person most of the time, his mind didn't want to accept the information it had. He was nudged out of his thoughts as he felt a gentle tug on his right ear.

"Ravi, would it be okay if I took you to a doctor?" he asked, making Ravi immediately sit up, intent on shaking his head... but it didn't quite work that way. Instead of completing, or even starting the gesture, he simply just flopped right back over onto the couch with a little grunting whine. 

"Alright, we're going to a clinic," Wyatt said as he got his shoes back on and grabbed his keys from where he'd set them on the counter. 

Ravi tried to wiggle his way out of the room, but he barely managed to get off the couch and take three steps toward the bathroom before he flopped over again. 

I don't feel good, master Wyatt. 

Pursing his lips, Wyatt calmly lifted Ravi back up onto the couch, then settled next to it on the floor and pulled his phone out from his back pocket. He quickly scrolled through his contacts until he found the man he needed to call. He picked up after the first ring, as per usual, but when the man spoke, his voice didn't sound familiar. 

"This is Dr. Green's office, how may I help you?" 

Wyatt heard the actual doctor grumble in the background, making the man who answered the phone stutter for a moment before correcting himself. 

"I mean, he can't come to the phone right this second. Can I help you instead?" 

Wyatt raised an eyebrow but replied calmly.