Wild Dog 11

He couldn't do it. Or, well, he couldn't decide on what to do. Rolling back over in bed, Wyatt nudged at his pillows with his bare feet as he settled his chin against his mussed up blankets so that he could stare at the phone he had held out in front of him. 

I need to call him. 

There was definitely no arguing that point. 

But I don't just want to call him. I want to Facetime with him. 

His heart began to thrum in his chest as he considered the time, too. It was nearly eleven at night. 

I have officially spent four hours rolling around in bed trying to figure out how to contact him without seeming too needy. 

Now that he had finally worked up enough courage, of all things, it was pretty late at night. 

Maybe I should just call him tomorrow. 

He was just about to send a simple text message asking if everything went well and how he was doing, when the sound of his phone suddenly going off had him quickly jamming his thumb against the green accept button. When he brought it up to his ear, his heart now hammering in his chest, he realized that the caller hadn't been who he'd wanted to talk to. 

Of course, there had been caller ID so Dr. Green's name had been quite obvious on the screen, but Wyatt's muddled mind hadn't paid it any attention. 

"Hello Wyatt, I hope I'm not calling too late but I remembered that you tend to be a night owl most days. I wanted to check in on Ravi. How is he doing?" 

Wyatt quickly sat up and tried to look somewhat presentable in his wrinkled dark red T-shirt and black sweatpants. He was just fixing his hair as he was about to begin to respond when he realized that he wasn't even on Facetime, so the doctor couldn't see him at all. 

What am I doing with my life? 

Calming down, he took a deep breath and gave his head a good shake. 

"He went back to sleep soon after you left, and your cousin is actually staying the night... since he kind of fell asleep against the couch and I just couldn't bring myself to wake him up," he said, holding back a quiet chuckle. 

He definitely hadn't intended to allow Trever to stay, but Ravi had crawled right into the guys lap and passed out, and the only time they'd been able to wake him up was for a whole three minutes, which had been just enough time to trick him into taking his meds and having another drink of warm tea. 

That guy's back is going to be screaming by tomorrow morning. 

"I'm surprised, but also grateful. If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to give me a call," the doctor said, making Wyatt quickly agree before they both hung up. 

Flopping forward again, he held his phone out in front of him, resting the bottom of it against the blanket as he tapped a few things on the screen. Before he realized what he was doing, Blake's name showed up on his calling screen. It was just his luck, too, that his mind didn't process this little fact fast enough to hit the end call button before it was picked up. 

His mouth went dry as Blake appeared on his screen a moment later... with just a damp towel around his bare shoulders. He was obviously in the bathroom, likely in front of the sink. 

Oh god. After all this time trying not to make this call awkward, not only did I unintentionally just Facetime him, but I did it right after he'd gotten out of the shower!

He'd never been so embarrassed. Blake, however, didn't seem to have a single problem with his late night, oddly-timed video call. 

"Hey Wyatt, how are things going?" he said calmly as he toweled at his hair with his free hand.