Wild Dog 13

He couldn't remember the last time he'd ridden in a car as a human, or been fully clothed. Trever had lent him a pair of black drawstring shorts to go beneath the sweatshirt he'd been given, as that was pretty much all that could possibly fit him. The ride wasn't nearly as interesting as when he was in his other form, but for some reason, his dog had suddenly pushed him into control back at master Trever's house. No matter how much he tried to pull it back out, it didn't seem interested in taking over again. 

Keeping his eyes on his lap and his nose buried in the scarf around his neck, Ravi twisted his fingers together for the hundredth time. Normally, he'd request that the window be rolled down, then stick his head out and watch as the other cars zoomed by, sniffing the wind and loving the feeling of it sifting through his fur and whistling within his ears. 

I don't want to even look up. 

The world just felt... different, as a human. Like it was all too busy for him to process quickly enough to be worth it. His dog could react to situations immediately, repeatedly, but as he sat there buckled into the passenger's seat of Trever's car, all he could think of was how, even though he was doing absolutely nothing at that moment, there was just too much going on in general.   

He was so stressed within his own mind that he didn't even notice when Trever pulled the car over. What he did notice, however, was that the music had been abruptly cut off. Silence took over, calming some the scurrying of sound within his mind that had been created by it. One song, being played repeatedly was usually fine, but when they constantly changed every few minutes, like on the radio, it was hard to keep up and eventually just ended up making him uncomfortable. 

"Ravi?" 

Hearing his name in the new silence of the car, Ravi blinked a few times, then straightened up so that his back was fully against the seat before turning his head, and part of his upper body, to look at Trever. 

"Yes, sir?" he whispered quietly, hoping that he hadn't been unintentionally ignoring the man. 

He couldn't read his expression, but that was nothing new. Humans just weren't his thing, and the only way he could usually figure out what they were thinking was if they were feeling an emotion very strongly. Anger was the expression he was best at reading now. 

"Do you not like music?" Trever asked, making Ravi quickly look down. 

His old master had gotten so annoyed with his odd behavior when he tried to listen to music that he'd just bought himself headphones so that he could have one earpiece in without the sound bothering him. Except, whenever he accidentally did something wrong, he'd also use some sort of fast, loud music as punishment. Just the thought of it mad Ravi purse his lips tightly and hunch his shoulders. 

Unfortunately, it wasn't that he didn't like any of it, but he was terrible at explaining things so he just decided to go for the most basic answer. A simple nod of agreement. 

"Oh, I can just leave it off then. It was just background noise to me anyways," Trever said with a nervous smile that Ravi saw from the corner of his eye. 

He was making him that way. People always got nervous around his human side, which was another reason why he tended to prefer his canine. When he didn't respond to the man's words again, Trever didn't seem to mind, and instead, he simply got the car back onto the road and headed toward Wyatt's. 

Ravi kept his eyes on his hands in his lap, lifting his arm to cover his mouth every once in a while for a sneeze or a cough. His mind, at least, had quieted a lot since the music had stopped, and now that he wasn't so stressed out, his eyelids began to droop.