Wild Dog 37

As he'd predicted, Ravi apologized and things went back to normal, mostly. Ravi decided to keep sleeping in the spare room, but he busted his butt at work and was becoming quite proficient at running errands and making copies. He was also not taking any nonsense, and while Mr. Spencer had received quite a few complaints about Ravi's attitude when people tried to talk to him, he dismissed it all once Trever sat down and spoke with him about it.

Ravi wasn't there to be anyone's friend. The only person he had to be around and at least be willing to talk with sometimes was him. Anyone else could just get over his little attitude. He was his helper. No one else needed to pay him any mind.

They can go find their own dog.

Looking up from his messy desk, Trever saw Ravi slip in through his office door, then nudge it quietly closed before heading his way with a determined expression. It was the look he usually wore when helping him out at work. He had actually been gone the previous day, having requested to be dropped off in town, then picked up after Trever had finished everything he needed to do at the company for the day. He'd been quite dirty when he'd climbed back into his car, too.

Trever had asked what he'd done all day, but Ravi had just smiled and said he'd been looking around town. It made him even more curious, but he let it go since it was obvious that Ravi hadn't wanted to share his activities.

"I delivered the paperwork," Ravi said as he stopped in front of Trever's desk, waiting silently for his next requested task.

It had only been a couple days since their awkward situation had transpired, but the guy had really put his mistake behind him and was honestly one of the best workers he currently had at his disposal. He'd also set up an employee account for him and got a 401k savings plan started, as well as a timesheet for pay. Mr. Spender saw how well he worked and how much he helped Trever get his job done, so he'd gladly agreed to pay him a wage. It was just the entry salary, but Ravi was more than happy to start earning some money and Trever thought that it was a fair amount.

"Look over these papers for me real quick? I made some notes and just need a second pair of eyes to double check me," he said as Ravi reached forward and took the proffered items.

He quickly nodded and gave him a "yes sir" before sitting down in one of the seats across from him and beginning to read.

He still struggled a bit with reading and understanding certain things, especially when it came to work related topics, but the guy continued to show improvement and powered through the documents. It took him a while longer than it might most people, but that was perfectly fine with him. Ravi took any task he was given very seriously, and as Trever skimmed the papers that were handed back to him with only a few small extra marks on the pages, he was quite happy with the guy's work.

"Perfect, you caught a few things I hadn't noticed. Thank you, Vivi," he said as he pulled up the documents in his computer and fixed the errors.

Once he was done, Trever leaned back in his chair and gave a good yawn as he stretched his arms over his head. He could feel eyes on him as he did so, and wasn't too surprised since his previously tucked-in shirt pulled up just enough to free itself from the waistband of his pants. When he lowered his arms and opened his eyes, Ravi was just finishing looking away with a faint blush on his cheeks.

Cute pup.

Ravi glanced back at him with a slight head tilt, making Trever purse his lips for a moment as he realized that the guy had picked up on his thought.

"Um, want to head out? I can do the rest of today's work from home since you've already copied everything else I needed and we've already checked the reports for today," he said as he got up and began cleaning up his desk.