Wild Dog 22

Positive anticipation was such an incredible feeling. 

Wyatt waited by the entrance gate as his bunny ran around in his mind like it was trying to win some imaginary race with itself. 

I should have woken up a little earlier and run longer on the treadmill. 

He was just glancing at his phone for the fifteenth time to check the clock when he heard a faint chime overhead and saw the first person wander out of the exit gate. His feet took a few unintentional steps closer as he waited, trying to be patient while his inner bunny did backflips like one of those little electronic toys he used to see in the mall around Christmas time. It was honestly taking quite a bit of effort to keep his rabbit's ears and tail from slipping free of his human skin. 

Thankfully, he'd planned ahead just in case his bunny managed to out maneuver him in such a way, and had on a long black trench coat, black pants and a dark red long-sleeved shirt. If he randomly sprouted a tail, it would thankfully be well hidden. The ears, however, would be a bit more awkward. 

The stream of people disembarking began to slow to a trickle as time went on, but he knew better than to worry. Sage needed a little extra time after landing before he'd be able to stand. He honestly wanted to go help the guy out, but he obviously wasn't allowed to just board the plane. Besides, Blake definitely wouldn't leave him alone. 

He's probably hovering over him right now, worried and willing to help in any way that he could. 

As he finished his thought, something caught his eye near the connecting tunnel leading to the plane. 

There they are. 

Blake had both carryon bags on his right shoulder as he helped support Sage with his left side. He also had the man's guide pole tucked beneath his arm, too. 

Hurrying forward, Wyatt quickly took the two medium bags, as well as Sage's guide pole. He folded the pole, since Sage was definitely in no condition to be swinging it around. He then leaned down and pressed a quick kiss to Blake's forehead before taking the spot on Sage's other side. 

"I smell an adorable little bunny rabbit," Sage whispered quietly as he allowed himself to be lead over to a chair to rest. 

Wyatt humored him with a chuckle, but then immediately turned to a chastising tone.

"And I smell a bat who forgot to take his iron pills."

Sage grunted out a quiet scoff but didn't argue. 

"I guess I left them... again."

They both knew that he hadn't intentionally left anything, but whenever he goes to visit his family, his grandmother, who unfortunately has been battling dementia and Alzheimer's, always had to go through his things to make sure that he had everything he needed for his camping trip with his father that weekend. Unfortunately, they hadn't gone camping in years, and his father had passed away eight months ago. 

No one had the heart to tell her, and even if they had decided to be so cruel, she would have forgotten almost immediately, anyways. So, they let her go through his things, checking his camping supplies, and even turning out his pockets in case he decided to try and bring any cool bugs home when he wasn't supposed to... like he had done when he was eight. That's where she usually found his medication. Of course, he'd tried to hide it other places, but while the woman's mind was struggling in some aspects, she was still extremely sharp and could literally find a needle in a haystack with the perseverance of a professionally trained bloodhound. Even if he put them away around the house, they'd still somehow vanish. Thankfully, though, she never bothered trying to open the bottles and they always showed up on the counter a few days later, but by that time Sage was usually already back home.