Chapter 4

CHAPTER 4: PAG-UUSAP

EZEKIEL ALDRIZ

It's dinner time. Me, John, and his Dad are sitting here at the diner area, many dishes are served at the table. This is a lot, I think there's 7-12 dishes to be exact. John really prepared a lot for my arrival.

I appreciate it tho.

But why am I feeling this way? My heart seems like it's going to burst out of my chest. Mixed emotions are really getting on my shoe, and the fields of my memories are humming in my head as if this field had finally found it's solace.

She's here.

She's really here.

And I'm going to stay here for the next three months for business vacation.

Is three-month stay enough?

Maybe I can ask my dad to extend my stay, or maybe I can ask John, or his dad?

Ugh, this is insane.

How can I create fantasies inside my head when she stared at me with those cold eyes and stated a very formal reply? She seems like she doesn't have feelings for me anymore.

I have many questions to ask, queries that is bothering my head.

But there's one thing that I've been longing to ask her for. Will she marry me like what I've said on the letter?

I kinda always carry my proposal ring everywhere I go, and I think it is on my baggage.

Damn, this whole thing is making me crazy.

"So, How are you Ezekiel?" John's dad asks me, starting a conversation.

"I'm good, Sir. Thank you." I politely replied.

"No no, don't call me 'sir'. You can call me Tito or Dad if you want. Hindi ka naman na ibang tao, Ezekiel. Please don't talk too formal."

I bow a little. "I'm sorry po, Tito. Maybe because it's been a while po."

"That's fine. I don't mind." He smiled. "Please send my regards to your dad. That France, ikaw pa talaga ang ipinadala imbes na siya. Naabala ka pa tuloy."

"No Tito, I'm actually delighted to hear that I'm going back at the Philippines from my dad, I also missed the country. And sure, I'll say your regards to him and to my mom."

"That's good to hear. I hope you'll enjoy your staycation here, huh?"

"I'll surely do, Tito Gerome."

"By the way, what's the update for our business collaboration?"

"Um, dad. Aldriz and I were planning to pay a visit on our mall tomorrow. If my best friend will accept the proposal, then we're going to start the project asap." John answered.

"That's right, and the models from our company will be flighting here soon too after the signing of papers." I second him.

"That sounds great of a plan. I'm proud of you two. Parang dati mga totoy pa kayo, but look at the two of you now, two smart grown-up men." Tito said with sparks in his eyes. He must be really proud specially to his son.

"Oh, please enjoy the food."

I smile. "Thank you po."

I started getting my spoon and try the dishes. I kinda have that trauma of eating foods that I didn't cook myself, but I trust the Frisces'. So I think it's fine, like my favourite fast food here, KFC. I think it's fine as long as I think that it's from a trustworthy.