"I mean, why are you here? Aren't you supposed to be at Uni?" Y/n asked in a confused tone.

"Ummm.... no," Oppa hesitated a bit.

"You're messing with me, right?" Oppa began to laughed a bit.

"Yeah, I'm fucking with you," Y/n answered with a chuckle.

"No, but seriously. Where are mom and dad?" Y/n asked again.

"Ummm... what... what's the last thing you remember?" Yoongi Oppa asked Y/n.

"I don't know. You tell me, I kind just woke up here. One minute I'm at home and all of a sudden I'm here," Y/n answered with their eyebrows furrowed.

- Yoongi POV -

Y/n had woken up and I was not expecting this.

The Doctors had said that there was a probability that Y/n would end up in a coma, but they never mentioned the probability of memory loss.

For the next few days, while Y/n stayed in the hospital to recover from surgery, the doctors were doing evaluations on Y/n's memory.

It seemed like Y/n remembered some things but not others.

It also seemed like Y/n had caught on to the fact that they had some memory loss... and... was starting to lie about knowing who people were.

"You don't have to do that. I don't know why you're answering to questions you don't know anything about. For all you know, you may actually not know any of the people that we're mentioning," I told Y/n in frustration.

"You're right. Sorry," Y/n simply answered.

"How about this? Do you know who this is?" The main doctor asked Y/n while holding up a picture of Haerin.

Almost everyone else that was important in Y/n's life had come in to talk to Y/n, but in Haerin's case... I didn't want that. I wasn't sure what Y/n was going to say.... I had been too afraid to ask.

"Oh, that's the cute nurse who was taking care of me when I woke up!" Y/n answered with a wide smile.

"Anything else?" The Doctor asked.

"Ummm... I think she might have been my classmate in High school but I don't really remember. I recognize her cute face though!" Y/n kept answering with a silly smile on their face.

"Well, at least she still makes you smile like that," I thought to myself as I felt disappointed that Y/n had forgotten one of the most important people in their life.

Y/n remembered Karina, as their best friend.

Y/n remembered Yeji and Minji as university classmates that they might have talked to once or twice.

I was remembered as the older brother that was our parents favorite.

Wonyoung was remembered as Y/n's childhood friend and first crush.

The Newjeans girls weren't remembered at all

While Y/n thought our parents were still alive and just really busy working right now.

Y/n had no recollection of the car crash that killed our parents. They didn't remember getting into a car crash themselves just a few months ago. They didn't remember the seizures and fainting. Y/n didn't remember any of the important things.

Y/n didn't even remember ever dating anyone.

"Yoongi-ssi?" I heard a faded voice say.

"Yoongi-ssi, are you alright?" I was suddenly sucked out of my thoughts as the doctor tried to get my attention.

"Yeah, sorry. Please continue," I respectfully responded.

"Well, like I was saying. This type of behavior or memory loss is pretty rare. The good thing is that there's a high chance Y/n-ssi could recover all of their memories in a short time. We suggest some exercises and techniques to trigger the brain to react. Maybe try Y/n's favorite foods or activities. It will be really hard at first but we have hope that everything will go back to normal," The doctor explained.

The Doctor's explanation or words weren't comforting at all.

How was I going to explain this to Haerin?

How am I going to explain to Y/n that our parents aren't coming home or why Haerin is living with us?

This sucked....

This was not the outcome everyone had hoped for.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Author's Note: How will Y/n behave around Haerin from now on?   >__<