34. The Attack

Archer

I felt it, I felt her pain. The pain was as if needles that had been dipped in alcohol had pierced my skin. My wolf whimpered knowing she needed us, but we are not there. This was the last straw. I lost my mind. I loud growl escaped my lips and I let my wolf take control. I wanted to kill them all, brother or not. The people around me kept their distance in case I went on a rampage in the wrong place.  Little did they know that my wolf wanted to rescue  Annabelle as much as I do so he will never compromise the attack.

"Duke.. " Alex tried to speak with my wolf. No one understood what was happening, but they were sure something was going on. Alex was the only alpha that was able to stop me. Seeing that he was trying to approach me, made me growl loudly again to warn him. He stopped and raised his hands in surrender.

"ATTACK! NOW!" I roared. He understood me, the Luna was in danger so we needed to act right now. We couldn't wait for Raven anymore.

Alex began to give orders in my stead. When we got to the cave we saw it, the entrance was well hidden, so if you didn't know what you were looking for you couldn't find it. They would go first, and I will be the last one to enter the tunnel. I didn't like it, but it was the best choice. Everyone went in while I followed them. It was dark and there was not enough light to see properly. There was no scent of rogues, so it was obvious that someone had cast a spell. My wolf tried to catch a glimpse of her scent to know where is she until my thoughts were interrupted by some voices. We couldn't smell anything, but there were people there. I growled in warning and they started to attack us. Rogues. He had to involve rogues in his plan, but I was already expecting it. Everyone was engaged in the fight. We were outnumbered,  but it didn't matter. I had the confidence we could kill them easily. Our warriors were putting up as much of a fight as they could to allow me to advance and go to my mate. What I didn't expect was to see the dead rogues get up and continue fighting. Someone had brought them back to life, but they weren't themselves,  they seemed to be controlled by someone. My eyes widened, as much as I could go with my predictions I didn't expect this. This shit is too much,  but nothing,  not even some dead person will stop me from going to my mate. I took down a group of five rogues. Blood splashed around me everywhere and I dropped the head of the last one I killed to the ground.  It will be hard for them to get up without their limbs. 

"Alpha, we can take care of them. Save our Luna." One of my warriors said confidently, and the others agreed.

I did as he told me, I turned around and followed my intuition trying to find the place where my mate was. I couldn't rely on the smell, but I knew my heart will lead me to her. Darkness surrounded me, but I kept running when I heard someone laughing. I began to search around me and caught a pair of bloodshot eyes looking at me. It was him and next to him was my mate. I internally whimpered while I growled loudly trying to warn him. My wolf wanted his blood. I began to run toward him, but something pushed me to the ground. He started to laugh again. I couldn't move. It was clear that the witch controlled the air.

"I like you better when you are on the ground, brother." He said half laughing and half serious.

"What did you do to her?" I snarled at him.

"Sorry, we wanted her to be conscious, but I got angry too. You see, she hurt my mate twice, I had to punish her too." A female voice said and my head snapped toward her. She was hidden before, but now I could see her.

"And now we have to wait for her to wake up. Can't you do something, like cast a spell to wake her up?" He asked in a nonchalant voice like he was talking about bread.

"Sorry babe, there is no spell for that."  She replied and that made him get close to my mate and he started to slap her face. I growled at his impudency. 

"DON'T TOUCH HER!" I roared and tried to move, but I couldn't. I wanted to rip off all their skin and watch them bleed. I growled again when I heard my mate wince in pain. Her eyes were still closed, but she was regaining consciousness. I wanted to touch her, to tell her everything would be alright, to bear all her pain, but I couldn't. I was stuck. Her eyes opened in confusion, at what was happening, until she saw me.  The moment our eyes met, our breathing stopped. We knew what was about to happen and it was something I couldn't stop. 

"Archer I'm sorry. " She murmured, letting out a sob. She was trying not to cry, and that made my heart clench even tighter.

"Everything will be fine angel!" I lied,  it doesn't matter if I lie. If it's our last moments, I want my sweet words to be her last memory.

"Aren't they cute?" Derek said between laughs. "I'm sorry to interrupt your last moments,  but you should say your goodbyes. You see, we don't have time to waste." He added and walked over to Annabelle and grabbed her hair. She shrieked in pain.

"No, no. What are you doing?  LET HER GO! " I saw his creepy smile looking up into my face as his claws touched her neck.

"Say goodbye, Archer!  You should be grateful. Roman didn't get this opportunity." He said.

I looked at my mate again, but she smiled at me, with her most beautiful smile, and whispered 'I love you'.
I was about to lose her forever when Raven sent the witch flying, freeing me. She managed to come and help me. My brother's mate slammed into the wall and I realized Derek felt her pain because he immediately released Annabelle. I wasted no time and went straight to Derek. I punched him in the stomach before going to his face and knocking the wind out of him. I hit him again and again until he fell to the ground, but he didn't defend himself, he took everything I gave him. I sheltered his face and kicked him when he suddenly grabbed me and pushed me away. He was all stained with blood and had so much hatred in his eyes,  but I as well had so much anger to pull out,  nothing will stop me. I will hunt him down. I hit him again and attacked him with my whole body. He didn't even have time to react or defend himself properly. I showed him that my anger was more dangerous than his hatred. I killed him,  but I didn't stop until he bled from every orifice of his head.

"Noooooo,  stop, please! " I heard the witch scream and cry.

I instantly went straight to her and ripped her head off as if she was nothing more than a bug that I had to get rid of. After that, there was only silence.

"Archer! " My mate whimpered, and I jerked my head toward her and smiled.

"I told you, everything will be fine," I said as I stood there, soiled with blood.