17. Why? part 2

Archer

"Can I ask you something? I asked and she nodded. "Why were you in the woods?" I continued.

She tensed and sighed. "I thought it was you, I-" she paused. "Jack said you would talk to me and I was waiting for you. I'm sorry." She said looking nervously at her hands again.

"No, it's not your fault," I told her and kissed her on the forehead. "I will send your friend here so you can talk to her, but then get some sleep; turning into your wolf makes you tired," I said sternly and she nodded. I like it when she listens to me and how lovely she is when she nods her head like that.

After that, I left the room and mind-linked Jack to let Lisa in. I didn't want to leave her side, but I knew she needed space to process everything and talk to her friend.
I felt anger, regret, and sadness inside me. I was so mad with Olivia and Jack because they told her about our world. Anger towards myself because I had not protected her and she had gotten hurt because of me. She wouldn't have gone into the woods if it were not for me. I was supposed to be there.

'I need a run'

Just as I was about to get into the woods Olivia stopped me.

"Archer, we need to talk."

"Not now Olivia." I gritted through my teeth.

"You can't avoid talking to me about this forever Archer. "

"Is Alpha Archer for you! " I roared making her flinch and bow her head.

"I understand your frustration, but there are things we need to discuss," she said, and I scoffed.

"Like you did when you went to find my mate and talked to her without my permission? There is nothing we need to talk about, I will tell your father the deal is off so you can go back to your pack. If it weren't for you and Jack my mate wouldn't be here in a hospital. " I growled loudly and walked away.

I wasn't interested in listening to her or why she had done it. I don't even care about the deal right now. I just want to make up for my mistakes and take care of the rogues.

Annabelle

After he was gone, I took a deep breath. I wasn't sure how I felt, just yesterday I was waiting for him to sort things out, and now I'm a werewolf. I just want to feel normal again, because right now I feel so emotional; I don't like big changes, and turning into a wolf is more than a big change.

'No offense Star'
'Not taken, I know it must be hard for you, but mate will be with us.' she said making me smile because when I think of him I feel at peace.

Suddenly I heard someone come in and immediately looked at the door.

"Bel! How are you feeling?" Lisa said running toward me and checking me from top to bottom.

"I'm fine Lisa," I said smiling, but she looked unsure.
"Apparently, since I became a werewolf my wounds will heal faster," I said trying to reassure her.

"Bel, you look horrible and... are you naked?" she asked and I blushed remembering what had happened. "Don't worry, I will ask Jack to bring you something to wear." Just as she said this, a nurse came in bringing me some clothes.

"The alpha asked me to bring you these clothes. If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask." She said and left the room.

"Ok, that was nice of him. I guess he wants to take care of you, but I still think he is an asshole." She said trying to sound serious and I chuckled knowing that she was protective of me as always.

"Yes, it seems that way. By the way, thank you for being here." I said with a wide smile.

"Don't worry, honey, you're my bestie and it's not like I can complain. I mean, have you seen the men here? I thought I was lucky to work in that company, but now I just want to stay home. Maybe buy a house next to the training field with a big window to watch the show." She said, and I never laughed so hard.

"Training field?"

"Oh honey, you should get better soon and I will give you a tour. Jack showed me around here."

"Right Jack! How are things between you? " I asked curious about their situation.

"Well, he showed up at my house and basically explained what happened to you, and answered any of my questions, but he avoided talking about mates. He is hot and so my type, but I haven't found the right moment to ask about that so I'm still not sure." She told me and I could see that she was sad and nervous at the same time.

"Lisa, he is your mate, the morning the rogue attacked me he confirmed that. I think he is nervous too, so try to talk to him." I explained to her and she smiled.

"I will, but right now I want to spend time with my amazing friend who was hurt and became a werewolf. How do you feel about it?" She asked me and I groaned at the thought.

"Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for what they did and I know this was a necessary step to save me, but it's overwhelming. I just got to know about their world and there are so many things I have to learn and I'm not sure how I should act." I blurted out.

"Bel, it's okay. It is normal to be scared and think it's too much, but you're not alone. Just take it one step at a time and move forward, if you ever think it's too much then say it and we will be there for you."

I smiled and thanked her. We continued our talk for a while until Jack knocked on the door and told Lisa it was time to let me sleep and to show her the room she will be staying in. I realized that he was being awkward with her and sighed, knowing it would take them a while to sort things out.