Chapter 23: I Can't Trust You

Rushing through the parking lot I headed outside trying to get back to the dorm, but it was already dark outside.

Checking the time, I saw that it was already after ten causing me to sigh, I had been so caught up in everything that I forgot to try and make it back on time.

Walking up multiple flights of stairs I walk down the hall to open the door, hearing the click I slowly open the door stepping inside as quietly as possible.

Locking the door I see all of the lights off causing me to let out a sigh before walking over to the couch and plopping down on it.

Leaning my head back I sit there with my eyes closed just breathing and going over what I had discovered at work.

"Where have you been?" a voice questioned, causing my head to shoot up and I found myself looking at a very angry Rosé causing me to sigh and lean forward with my arms now hitting against my knees.

"I was at work" I said before standing up and walking past her to take my shoes off.

"That's it that's the explanation" she said with a scoff while walking up after me.

"I had to go, it was important that's all" I said before turning over my shoulder to see her only a few steps away.

"What do you do for work Y/n" she asked in a harsh voice as I turned to look back at her.

"What" I ask as she glares at me.

"You left, we don't know what you do, but anytime you say anything it's just this is important and I need to get it done" she said her arms raising up to cross over her chest.

"It was important and that's all you need to know" I growled out while turning back around and grabbing something to wear to bed.

"Why won't you tell me?" she practically screamed while turning me back to look at her.

"Because I can't," I yelled back, causing her eyes to widen.

"I don't care what you do, but I'd like to know you're gonna come back" she said and I took a deep breath.

"I'll come back" I whispered and she shook her head at me.

"I don't think you will" she mumbled and my movements stopped my attention falling onto her.

"What are you talking about?" I whispered, reaching out to tilt her chin up to look at me.

"You disappear Y/n it's not like this is the first time and most of it is when something dangerous is happening" she said looking at me and her eyes were swirling.

"So I want to know you'll come home" she stated and I sighed.

"What do you do, is it dangerous?" she asked and I stayed quiet just staring at her causing her to sigh.

"I know it's dangerous" she stated before grabbing my arm "and I know she hurts you" she stated while trailing her hand over the fabric that covered my arm that she had patched up the day of the wedding.

"Everything will be okay Rosé, I promise" I said and she shook her head.

"You can't promise me that," she said.

"I promise to protect you" I said and she looked up into my eyes.

"Is that why you won't tell me?" she whispered and I let out a sigh.

"Rosé I can't drag you into this" I said and she took a deep breath.

"I'm already in this" she whispered and I shook my head "so tell me" she added on.