Chapter 24: Dinner

Mulai dari awal

Yukie with her beautiful face is often the center of attention. Unfortunately along with that attention, there were also feelings of envy and hatred. Even in middle school, some jealous girls always say one or a few things behind her back. Having often experienced something like this, it's only natural for Yukie to be a bit cynical. But that only applies in the world of girls. Yukiharu is different, so far I've never seen anyone who holds a grudge against him.

"If you're so worried about him, why don't you just call Yukiharu here? Maybe talking to him can ease your mind a bit."

"I thought so too, I asked him to meet earlier, but he said he was with friends right now, yesterday as well."

"Alright, then we make an appointment with him to make time for tomorrow."

"Hm...alright, I'll do it."

"Okay, since you're already here, how about we eat together?"

"What do you have?"

"Let me see," I stood up and looked inside my refrigerator. Apparently the fridge looks wider than yesterday. Looks like I forgot to shop for groceries. "Sorry, Yukie, looks like we have to eat outside."

"Man, you're just..."

Yukie groaned a little and I couldn't help but laugh awkwardly. In the end we agreed to try a new ramen restaurant in Keyaki Mall. As we were heading there, something occurred to me. If other people saw us, wouldn't they think we were dating? Will there be gossip about it? Ah never mind. Looks like the Yukiharu case the other day has made me a little paranoid. There's nothing wrong with having dinner with friends. If there's a misunderstanding, I just have to correct it.

***

Kasai ate her food with gusto. She looks like an elementary school kid having a picnic. There's only eggs and some spices in my fridge so decided to make some omurice for her. At first I was a bit hesitant about her invitation to have dinner together, but in the end I agreed because maybe she still had something to say.

"You still want to talk about something?" I immediately asked straight to the point.

"Hmm? Not really..." Kasai answered while chewing her food.

"So why are you eating in my room?"

"Hm? I can't eat in my classmate's room?"

"It's not like that, it's just..."

"If you want to talk about something, go ahead. We can continue our talks earlier."

"Alright, then, I want to ask about the other white room students..."

"Okay..."

"Do you still not know who they are at this time?"

"Hm..." Kasai was silent for a moment as she finished her omurice. She only answered after gulping down the cold water I poured for her. "Not yet, but at least I have one suspect."

"Who's that?"

"Someone from class D."

Class D? When she mentioned that class, I was reminded of a student whom I met around a month ago. Yes, the student who returned my cellphone when it fall from my pocket. If I'm not mistaken the name is...

"Is his name Ishikawa Sousuke?"

"Oh, you already know that person?"

"I've met him once ..." I then told about my meeting with that person and all the weirdness surrounding it. At that time he once said that I was not the person he was looking for. If he really was a White Room student, those words made sense. He was looking for other White Room students as well. There was already that deep look in his eyes...similar to the look in Kasai's eyes that night.