Chapter 64

"Mhm~ Mhmm~"

Emma hummed as she placed Catherina on the bed.

"Our beautiful Rina is now sleeping peacefully." She mockingly said.

"Don't worry Rina, you'll get to sleep forever after this."

"Your dress is so pretty, by the way. It's a nice dress for funerals."

Emma took out the other vial that contained poison.

In this world, aconitum was one of the most lethal poisons aside from the Blue Dragon's tears.

Both are deadly if consumed wholly at first.

But as for the Blue Dragon's tears, Emma fed it to Catherina not in whole. She divided it into small portions that's why she was dying slowly.

But if all extracts of the Blue Dragon's tears were poured out in one tea, the effects would be in one time only, killing the host immediately. The same goes for aconitum.

The other name for aconitum is... Wolf's bane.

*Pop*

Emma took out the lid.

"Sleep well, Catherina."

She opened Catherina's mouth and poured all the extracts of the poison inside.

"That's right. Drink well. Good girl, pft- HAHAHHAHAHA!!!"

A few seconds later, blood came out of Catherina's closing eyes. It looked like she was crying tears of blood.

Blood also dripped from her mouth even though they were closed.

Catherina was dead.

"I can't believe it was this easy. It's so boring."

...

*SWOOSH*

Owen immediately teleported after knowing that Emma was still alive and was now inside the mansion.

He was inside her room and he saw some unknown woman on the bed close to Catherina.

Emma turned her head and saw Owen.

"Owen! It's you! Too bad, you were a step late. You see, Catherina is already dead- PUAHCK-"

*SLASH*

His sword pierced her heart without wasting time.

Emma collapsed to the ground in pain.

She was about to die yet she was smiling. "I- won, Catherin- a."

The real Emma was now dead.

Owen went to see Catherina's condition.

She was lying on the bed as if she was sleeping.

This scene was so familiar to him that it was scary.

"Rina, I'm here."

Seeing the blood evident from her mouth and eyes truly scared him.

Owen checked her heartbeat and it was still there... But it was getting slower and weaker as time passed by. Like her life was decreasing.

This wasn't real at all.

"It is real, Owen." Ash appeared without announcing again.

Owen used divine power to heal her again. He didn't have time to face Ash.

If he healed her once, he could do it twice or even forever. He would gladly sell his soul for the devil just to make her live.

He transferred his powers to Catherina and made sure it fluctuates inside her, enough to make her heart beat a bit more.