Chapter 61

"Dead? Emma?"

Catherina couldn't believe it somehow.

She already told Dorothea about the heal-torture method so Emma shouldn't be dead right now.

"I know, I couldn't believe it at first either. But it's real, it is her body and it died because of poison. The royal doctors took a biopsy on her."

Something didn't feel right. Catherina felt like something was wrong.

"Owen."

Owen nodded as he immediately understood her.

"Brother, I'll go to the palace and check."

"Alright. Be careful."

...

"Your majesty." Catherina approached Dorothea.

"You're here, Rina."

"Is it true? Emma is dead?"

"I can't believe it either. We even healed her yesterday and after checking on her now, she suddenly died out of nowhere. It's weird."

"I know.."

"The doctors confirmed that she died after consuming a poison named aconite. It's a lethal poison, I heard."

"I want Owen to check if she's really dead and if... It's her real body." Catherina didn't feel too good about this news.

It was too suspicious.

"Alright. Leave." Dorothea signaled the doctors and guards to leave her sight.

"Yes, your majesty..."

"Now check her, Owen. I'm also curious about all of this as well. I'm in dillema, haha." Dorothea sighed.

Owen approached Emma's body.

Her body was lying unconscious towards the corner and her eyes were still open. A black liquid came out of her mouth and there was blood coming out of her eyes and nose.

No breaths, no heartbeats, and no signs of life.

He then checked if the body wasn't a form of copied magic, a type of magic where one can easily duplicate one thing from another.

Owen took out a knife and stabbed it on her throat.

*Stab*

Next, her heart.

*Stab*

Not once or twice, but ten just to make sure if all that blood is really hers.

"Yep. She's one dead woman."

"I'm happy except for the fact that she died to soon. She should've been tortured more."

"Ah disgusting sh't!"

"Blegh. She makes me sick. Owen, please go away."

Owen confirmed that she's really dead.

Feeling icky of the blood, he used magic to clean his hands.

"Owen?"

"It is Emma. She's been dead for about 9 hours now and it really was aconitum that killed her. Though I don't know where she got that from."

But Owen didn't really care about Emma dying.

*Sigh*

"Suspicious as it may seem, this is it, Rina. Emma is really dead. Well, this is her end. I was looking forward to more tortures though." Dorothea was a bit disappointed.

"She's really dead..."

'I know Owen confirmed it but my uneasiness is still here.'

"As for the reason why she got aconite poison, we are still going to investigate that. Maybe a palace servant gave it to her or someone who wanted her dead. We'll update you soon."

"Thank you, your majesty-"

"It's "Sister Thea" for you." Dorothea patted her shoulder.

Catherina smiled. "Thank you for everything, sister Thea." She hugged her.

"You're always welcome, Rina."

.
.
.
.
.

Catherina was now standing at the balcony, pondering.

Owen arrived behind her and hugged her.

"Are you still worried?"

"Well... I've thought about it a lot and decided that I should just accept things as they are." She smiled delicately.

"Maybe this is a twist of fate. And instead of focusing on Emma's death, I'm going to think about our future."

"Owen, thank you for everything. I'm really happy right now. I love you." She kissed his forehead.

If this isn't true happiness, then everything else must be unreal.

"I love you more, Rina. Always and forever. Don't leave me, okay?"

"Pft- never." She hugged him preciously.

Feeling each others' warmth was the best thing.

"Owen, sit down for a bit."

Like an obedient dog, he sat down without any questions. After all, he liked to do everything that she wants.

Catherina held his cheeks and stared at his eyes.

One was blue and the other, purple.

"You have the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen. If we're gonna have child one day, I want them to have your eyes." She chuckled.

"Your eyes are prettier, Rina. It's like rubies."

Catherina just smiled and kept complimenting him. "And your hair too, it's like the sky. It's bright."

"Close your eyes. Woah! I didn't know you had a mole above your eyelids!"

"And your eyebrows and lashes are thick and perfect. Oh, I like your lips too!"

"Rina-"

"Owen, I love everything about you. Please remember that, always. Okay?"

"Okay."

"Goodnight, Owen."