Chapter 53

The whole hall was covered by gasps and shock as Odette screamed Emma's name.

Suddenly, guards and maidservants ran towards her to see what's the matter.

"Your majesty, what's wrong?" One of the maids asked.

"Where's Emma?!"

Odette was out of control.

"Who's Emma?"

"The name doesn't ring a bell."

"That aside, didn't you see how her majesty approached the duke?"

"I saw it too! She touched him!"

"More like, she caressed his face. Is that even proper?"

"Why did she do that?"

"Her majesty is acting weird."

The nobles who saw what she did earlier were curious.

Their mouths were itching to gossip and their tongues wanted to entertain through magical plays of words.

All of them were dumbfounded by Odette's action.

But the ones who are most surprised were Stephen and Dorothea.

The Dwight family already knew that Odette was somehow obsessed with Raphael but the current rulers had no idea of this mess.

"Your majesty, what are you doing?" Stephen finally stepped in as she held Odette by the wrist.

"Son! I need to find that whore! She ruined my plans!!" Odette was acting beyond reason.

Stephen couldn't figure her out at all.

"Raphael is mine. He was originally mine. Why won't you let me have him?"

*SLAP!*

*Gasp!*

Everyone held their breaths as they saw the very emperor slapping his own mother, the empress dowager.

"....?!.." Even Odette was surprised.

"Please escort the empress dowager to her chambers. She must be drunk from drinking alcohol. Go." Stephen ordered a guard.

"I'm not drunk! I need to find Emma!!"

"I apologize for my mother's rudeness, Duke Dwight. I'll compensate you for this."

Yet another round of shocked gasps filled the area.

It was the first time they saw the emperor bowing to someone of lower rank. And that lower rank was none other than the hero of the empire, Duke Raphael Dwight.

"Please raise your head, your majesty." Raphael uttered.

"EMMA!!!!!"

Though the conversation still went on, the empress dowager who was getting dragged out of the banquet halls still kept screaming Emma's name.

*Creaaak—*

Suddenly, the huge doors opened.

Someone entered.

*Tak*

*Tak*

The hall was quiet and steps echoed around the place.

"!!!!"

Odette's eyes widened with anger as she saw the person who walked in without worry.

"EMMA!!"

"That's Emma?"

"So she's a maid."

"She must be the empress dowager's trusted person."