Chapter 63

2 weeks earlier...

"I will help you escape."

"Pft- HAHAHA!" Emma laughed at his remarks.

Ash was standing in front of her, stating impossible things.

"Nice joke, Ash. I liked it. Thanks for that. Now I can die, HAHA!!"

Emma was hopeless at this time because Dorothea said that escaping was impossible. Magic was useless here.. supposedly.

"They're gonna come here. I'll be back later."

"Huh?"

Ash disappeared shortly.

"Who's gonna come here-"

*SWOOSH*

Catherina and Owen suddenly teleported there.

"Y-You- Why are you here?" She glared at them.

...

After Emma got healed by Catherina and they disappeared at that time, Ash really appeared.

"How did you know? No, just who are you?"

"It doesn't matter. As long as you are useful to me, I'll set you free."

"And how am I useful? Are you gonna use me like how Odette did? Pft- PUAHAAHA!"

"Exactly." Ash answered briefly.

Hearing his response, Emma couldn't help but be confused and curious.

He doesn't look like he's joking either. He was serious from the beginning.

"Why are you doing this?"

"You don't need to know the reason. But I have a question, do you still hate Catherina Dwight?"

Just hearing Catherina's name was enough to boil Emma's blood.

"I hate her, I still do. I want her to die. I want her gone. I really hate her!! I want to kill her so bad!"

"That's all I need."

Ash broke the handcuffs that bound Emma using magic.

*Clang*

Emma was set free.

She didn't know the reason behind Ash doing this but it was all for the better.

As long as she can havr her revenge towards Catherina, she could do anything. Even if she is used in order to kill a person.

"Now, I need some of your blood." Ash took out a dagger.

"W-What?! Why?! What for!!"

"If you want to go out of here alive, you need to be dead first."

Emma couldn't grasp what he said.

So he just gave her false hope? He was gonna kill her either way?

"Don't be stupid, Emma. Just listen to me or I'll really kill you now." Ash was almost at his limit.

"No! Fine, do whatever you want." She moved her arms forward.

*Slash!*

"Ahck-!"

Ash collected the blood that dripped from her arm.

Even though the cut was barely deep, Emma felt like her arm was about to get chopped off.

Catherina was right. It hurts more after she got healed.

"What are you gonna use it for?" She asked.

"Copied alternation magic. I'm gonna duplicate your DNA and make a new body from it."

Without further ado, Ash created a mannquin that looked exactly like Emma from head to toe.

"She's gonna be the one to die in your stead 2 weeks later. Her death is predetermined by poison. And by then, no one will know that this doll is you."

"Holy crap, I can't believe you." Emma gasped.

"As for you, you need a new appearance."

With a snap of his finger, Emma's appearance changed.

From long, black hair go short blonde hair. From her fair skin to tanned skin. Her flawless face was now filled with freckles. The color of her eyes changed to black.

She looked like a different person.

"And your voice needs to be changed too."

Ash pressed his thumb on her neck and performed voice alternation magic.

"Ah, aha, oh my goodness. My voice, it changed-"

"With that, I need you to listen to me. Tomorrow, you're gonna apply to the Dwight mansion as a maid. Do whatever it takes to receive attention from the head maid and Carla Dwight. And I'll see you again after a week."

After their conversation, they disappeared from the imperial prison... Leaving only the fake Emma behind.

...

One week later, Emma learned about Catherina's upcoming engagement party with Owen.

Emma was waiting for Ash to appear anytime soon.

*SWOOSH*

"Ash!"

"Here." He handed two small vials to Emma.

"One is a sleeping potion and the other aconitum. Do whatever it takes to kill Catherina Dwight on the night of Owen's engagement party."

'Finally! Just you wait, Catherina. You're about to meet your end.'

"But if ever you fail to do it, I'll be the one to kill you, Emma."

*Gulp*

"T-Then, why don't you just kill her instead of me? Yeah, why are you not gonna kill her yourself if you want her dead anyways? I'm sure you can do it flawlessly- achk!"

Ash strangled her neck using one hand.

"Shut the f'ck up and stop quacking like a duck. I'm already doing you a favor so just be obedient."

"Keughk-"

.
.
Engagement day...
.
.

Emma saw Carla Dwight again. Oh how she missed that person.

She had to put on a mask and act like she was somebody else.

That's right, she was someone under the name of "Amy" right now.

She worked hard to catch the attention of fellow maids and even the head maid. Eventually, she got picked as Catherina's hairdresser.

'Everything is perfect.'

It was perfect. But seeing Carla and Catherina treat each other like precious family, her mood was spoiled again.

She wanted that for herself too.

'It doesn't matter. I'm gonna kill her anyways.' She gritted her teeth, feeling envious.

After Carla left the room and she started styling Catherina's hair.

She applied the hair oil in her head and it even had the same sleeping potion.

"I'll doze off for a bit if you don't mind..." Catherina's eyelids were about to meet.

"Don't worry, young miss! It'll be done when you wake up!" Emma energetically said.

Catherina fell asleep.

Emma grinned.

"Goodnight, young miss."