Chapter 12

"Rina!"

The moment Catherina got off from the carriage, it was Dorothea who immediately greeted her.

Dorothea is already sixteen this year. Catherina was glad that she didn't become obsessed with Callahan like in the game.

'Maybe she's one step away from becoming a villainess.'

"Welcome! Come with me, I'll show you around." She held her hand and they started walking.

As they were walking, they passed by the training grounds.

Some knights were practicing and Catherina saw a familiar redhead from afar.

"Ah! Rina!"

'He's already as tall as Callahan. They are of the same age after all..'

Stephen ran towards them but Dorothea showed no signs of stopping. They were like running away from him.

"Hey!" He caught up and stopped in front of them.

"Ugh. What is it, prince?" Dorothea groaned.

"Hello, brother Stephen." Catherina greeted.

"Hi, Rina. How's Callahan?" He patted her head.

"He's the same as always."

"Alright enough with the chat. I have a party to host so we'll get going now, your highness." Dorothea curtsied and Catherina just mimicked her.

"Alright?"

"Okay. Bye!"

Without further ado, Dorothea and her fled from the scene.

After few walks, they finally arrived at the venue.

There lots of young women nobles gathered in the place. Some were chattering and some are sitting while waiting for the program to start.

Most of them seemed like Dorothea's age. Fifteen to seventeen of age.

'I guess I'm the only twelve-year-old here.'

"You sit here, Rina. Everyone, this is Catherina Dwight. Daughter of the empire's hero. I regard her as a younger sister so treat her well." Dorothea introduced Catherina in a certain table.

"Greetings, my ladies." Catherina curtsied.

"Oh my!"

"She's adorable!"

"She really has the same descriptions like the duke!"

"Wow, Her hair is so long and pretty."

"How old are you now?"

Some of them talked flattering words while others asked questions.

"I'm twelve years old." She answered.

After all the questions and chatters, the tea party finally started.

Catherina didn't do anything that much.

She just listened to their talks about their crushes or noblemen they're attracted to and some few gossips. Catherina only watched others as they laughed and drink.

It's really just a tea party.

But there was one thing about the party Catherina really liked.

The tea, of course.

There are varieties of teas and it's up to us on how we make ours through personal tastes and likes.

Catherina personally liked the flower tea added with a bit of sugar and milk. Flower milk tea. It was lovely.

"How about lady Catherina. Do you have someone you like?"

All of them had their eyes on her.

"Pardon?"

The question was so abrupt that my mind had to process it for a moment.

"M-Me? I.. I don't have..."

When she think about the person she likes, Catherina thought that she had none. But she never thought that she'll suddenly remember Owen.

She didn't even consider having or discovering these types of emotions at this tender age.

"I- I think... I'll get going first!" Catherina stood up from her seat and ran away.

The topic was too much for her.

"Hahh, *pant* hah.."

She leaned on a tree and rested for a moment. She could feel the breeze passing by her.

"Hahh.. how nice."

Catherina tried to ponder about certain things as she sat all alone on the grass.

Her brother Callahan, the male lead, is already seventeen this year while Stephen is eighteen. Dorothea is sixteen and the villain.. Owen, is just fourteen. She hasn't met the female lead yet but since Callahan is a year older than her, then maybe she's the same age as Dorothea.

Here's one thing that Catherina has always questioned.

'What made Owen a villain?'

In the game, his hatred towards the imperial family was great- especially the empress. He hated the heroine and even wanted to kill her.

The villainess's ending was sad but Owen's was even sadder.

"..."

But it's different now.

'Maybe,.. just maybe.. I can prevent Owen's sad ending. Maybe I could use a bit of help.'

Catherina has decided. She will help Owen gain a happy ending instead of destruction. Since he's still young, there's still a chance.

The game will start after four years and by then, many things will already change.

She doesn't exactly know how but she'll do something so no one will face sadness and regret in the end.

'Alright.'

After deciding things through, Catherina returned to the party venue and apologized for her rash actions.

And the party commenced and it was enjoyable.

After it was done, Catherina went straight towards home and lied on her bed out of exhaustion.

.
.
.

*Knock* *Knock*

Catherina knocked on Callahan's door, hoping for a response.

"Brother?"

*Creak* The door immediately opened.

"Yes, Rina?" He smiled.

"I want to request something."

"Hm? What is it?"

"It's about this magic ball you gave me last time."

"Okay. What about it?"

"About the teleportation, is it really limited to five times of usage only?"

"I think, yes. Why? Do you want me to extend it?"

"You can?"

"Of course! Anything for you."

"Thank you!" She hugged him. "Then please do it so that I could use the ball at least twice a week. Can you do that?"

Catherina wanted to go to the tower and meet Owen often so that she could observe him much better and closer.

"It's an easy feat. Let me check the ball."

"Wait, I'll go get it. Thank you!"

With that,

The villain prevention plan is one step closer to success.