Chapter 34

In the Imperial Palace...

It's been a week since Odette and Emma agreed with a plan.

Like their deal suggested, they looked for the witch in order to make the potion.

But they still haven't found her in the past few days.

Emma continued to spy on Duke Raphael as per the empress' order and she also tried to fill in Catherina's position by gaining the Dwights' trust.

On the other hand, Odette was impatient. She ordered her servant Ash to look for Owen once again, in order to make the potion for them.

But he disappeared all of a sudden.

It was her biggest regret to release Owen from her grasp.

So she just ordered Ash to look for the witch instead.

*Creaaak*

The door expressed its old voice as it opened slowly.

Odette transferred her sight to the person who opened it and saw a familiar face.

"Hah. You're finally here."

"Yes, your majesty. Your servant reached me. I heard you looked for me?" The witch bowed as she greeted her.

"Yes. I want you to make a potion."

"What type of potion?"

"One that makes a person hallucinate that I am his loved one. One that makes a person be totally in love with me. I want a love potion."

"...What your majesty wants is hard to get." The witch hesitated for a bit before she said this.

"What?"

"It would take years to make a love potion. If it's poison, it would be easy to make. But love potions, it takes time since it includes human emotions."

"How long would it take?"

Odette was obsessed with the duke. She was already in her early forties yet her obsession with him was still the same back in the days.

"Around 6 years at most." The witch replied.

The empress paused for a bit.

Just a week ago, the mages told her that her rejuvenating extract was finally finished and it would aid her within ten years. And within that time frame, she knew that her beauty wouldn't fade.

"I can wait that much. After all, I even waited four years til I got my hands in that Blue Dragon's tears. But it failed anyway... Tsk. But I expect this one to be different. What would be its effects?"

"Its form would be liquid of course. If consumed continuously within a week, the potion would start working and the person who took this would turn to you."

"Hmm. I like that. Alright. You may leave and start doing your thing."

"I'll be back within the given time frame, my empress."

*Clack*

The witch left and started making the potion. But she will be back after six years.

'Now, shall I discuss this with Emma?' The empress contemplated.

Odette took out a ball from her drawer. It was a communication device.

She gave one to Emma since she started trusting her.

"Your majesty."

"I already talked with the witch. She said it would take 6 years to complete our desire."

"Six years... It's long but I can wait."

"Desperate, huh. That's it."

"Thank you for the info, your majesty."

*Click*

The communication turned off and everything went quiet.

"Hahhh... Do I need to wait that long for you, Raphael? Is this our fate?" Odette sighed.

"Then if this is our fate, I'll willingly wait."

...

After receiving the word of the empress, Emma in the mansion actually felt a bit disappointed hearing it.

'No, it's fine. Within six years, I'll earn their trust and make the young master fall in love with me. I will succeed.'

"Emma, what is Rina doing right now?" Carla asked.

Currently, Emma was assigned to assist Carla these past few days.

Ever since Catherina died, Carla suffered in the stage of denial forever. And she never overcame it.

And Emma took advantage of her situation.

"Madame, the young miss is already asleep. She already drank the flower tea I prepared for her and she loved it." Emma uttered words of lie while brushing Carla's hair.

"Really? I'm glad my daughter loved it. You're a good person, Emma."

"Thank you, madame."

"Ah, I should visit her room. I need to check her." Carla stood up.

"She's already sleeping, madame. She drifted off to sleep after she drank the tea."

'You can't go to her room. Never.' Emma's face went sullen.

"Oh, I see. Thank you for taking care of her, Emma."

The duke and Callahan didn't know about Emma's plot.

Ever since Catherina died, Raphael busied himself with work and Callahan was out of the country to study.

Callahan was too depressed and he wanted his own space. He's afraid that he might lose himself in sadness and take his own life in regret.

That's why he went abroad and distracted himself in depths of knowledge in order to be a doctor soon. He realized his passion after his sister's death.

Raphael would feel sorrow for his wife who never seemed to accept their daughter's death. That's why he just let her wife as she wants because he was afraid he would hurt her with the truth.

He couldn't stand seeing her faint many times after hearing about Catherina's death. It would be bad for her health.

"Don't worry madame, I will take care of you and my lady." Emma grinned.

Carla was sitting in front of the mirror and Emma hugged her from behind.

It was like the picture of an innocent girl that's wrapped within a serpent's embrace.

"I'm glad I found you." Carla smiled.

'Everything is set.' Emma silently giggled.

'I will finally have the life I've always wanted.'