Divide and Conquer

Thrust sighed as Maim left. If only they could divide into teams as easily.

But families didn't like being split up.

It was already decided the humans were staying at the base, watched over by the medics and scientists. Clarissa had been the only holdout of this, as she wanted to go out searching for her sister. Elita was the one who finally convinced her.

"This isn't Mia. If Nexus sees a chance, she will use you to either get to us or use her more than she already has. By staying safe, and out of Nexus's line of fire, you are helping your sister."

That had quieted the others as well.

But now they were just undecided on who should hunt for what relic, who should track the other relic holders.

"So, is no one searching for Mia then?" Bee asked.

Thrust looked at Chemico, the one who knew the most about the 13 and their relics and was making most of the plans this mission.

"Right now, we have to focus on the relics--"

"Though at least one team is likely to run into MiaNexus." Thrust added. "I mean, some of us have to hunt down her mercenaries and someone is bound to--"

"I'll do it." Bee interrupted. "Hunt the Mercs."

"Wonderful but we're going in teams Bee." Chemico said.

Gesturing to the screen that took up one wall of the base...

"So me and Donnie are still looking for Override." Bata said from where she sat beside the purple turtle, both hard at work looking through worldwide security feeds. "When we find her, Knockout, Breakdown, Moonracer, and Blurr are gonna go after her."

The velocitrons nodded their heads, through Knockout scowled forward, imagining coming to face to face with one of their planets complex leaders.

"Then me, Jazz, and the twins are going for Vector's relic." Thrust explained.

"Why the twins?" Hot Rod asked.

The autobot council, Ratchet, Drift, and Sunstreaker groaned as Sideswipe jumped forward.

"Okay, so I have this theory." He started. "Since Vector and Bata both have powers that involve dimensions and timelines--"

"I am the guardian of this and over 10,000 planes and other realities, 1 of 4 guardians who do so." Bata interrupted. "Guardians who unfortunately cannot use their powers unless the dimensional walls are falling."

"Yeah, so, Vector is basically Bata's Grandpa." Sideawipe continued. "And as Bata's brothers," he gestured at himself and Sunstreaker, who brought a palm to his forehead. "We might be better attuned to get the relic."

Everyone stared at him in shock. Then at Optimus.

"We're going in blind here. We will take any possible advantage we have."

"Sunny and Sides are your advantage?" Raf questioned

"Hey!" Sunstreaker cried.

"Ahem," Chemico coughed. "I am going to try to locate Trion's relic." She opened her notebook. "I have a few ideas of location here."

"But...we don't know his relic holder." Clarissa pointed out. "How do you have any idea where the relic is?"

Chemico shrugged and didn't explain. That was how Chem was sometimes.

"Bee, Windblade, and Hot Rod are going after Nightbird." Elita began to list. "Ironhide, Bulkhead, and me are going after Starscream. Arcee, Grimlock, and Optimus are going after the requim blaster."