Decepticons

The Decepticon base, a refitted underground bunker, was silent, oddly so.

Most cons wouldn't notice this. Megatron's howling orders, Starscream's screechy voice, and Nightra's training practice often echoed through the entire base and for most earth hours. When they weren't, the air was full of anxiety for when the noise would start up again.

But Soundwave noticed the silence, and the undercut of anxiety. He used to never notice the silence either, but that was before Soundquake joined the autobots.

He had Ravage, Laserbeak, and the other cassettes of course, so he wasn't lonely. He just missed his sister.

A traitorous thing, to miss an autobot.

Silently, Soundwave paced down the empty halls.

Paced, not stalked, as Skywarp accused.

He thought about checking human news for any sign of the autobots when...

His spark spiked like a sun's solar storm. The pain was immense, but it wasn't his spark that burned, but his mind.

A name...a place started to form in his vision. Where...what was it...an object!...

Soundwave screamed in pain, killing the silence of the base. Megatron came upon him first.

"Soundwave, what is wrong?"

Ravage and the other cassettes were already out, trying to comfort their friend.

Finally, the screaming stopped. Soundwave collapsed to the floor.

"The enigma..." He whispered before he went into stasis lock.