Maximals

"Well that's just prime." Optimus Primal finally spoke.

The Maximals had been commed into the meeting once the new bot arrived at their base, but had stayed silent.

They weren't the only team working away from the command base: there was the scientists with Perceptor, Nautica, Wheeljack, and Brainstorm hiding out in Montana, then the combiner teams scattered across the world, and two titans.

But they were all autobots.

Maim's revelation had shocked all of them.

"A decepticon knowing where the most powerdul objects on Cybertron are?" Nightscream gasped.

"On Earth." Skunks corrected.

"Who cares what planet, they're powerful weapons!" Rattrap cried.

While they listened in, Primal could see the growing panic in his team as they tried to hide it in fidgets: Dinobot was sharpening his sword, Silverbolt's legs twitched, and Depthcharge kept fiddling with his gun.

Skunks, a Skunk beast-moder, was the only one who seemed nonplussed.

"What?" One of the autobots said over the comm.

"The data pertaining to the location of the relics was not put in bots of any specific alligence." Maim explained. "It was at random, and before the war."

"Haven't we always been at war." Nightscream remarked.

"So these bots are?" Elita-1 repeated, strain in her voice.

Maim simply named one. "Soundwave: Enigma of Combination. I take time only to reveal his for now as his is the relic that is reawakening. Other names will be shared in time after threat is neutralized."

The autobots were about to argue when the human Mia spoke up.

"It makes sense. If one of us is captured, we could risk the decepticons learning of the other relic locations."

Primal nodded in respect even if the girl could not see it. The human was wise beyond her years, though she had a habit of ending up in battles she didn't belong in.

Of course, humanity did not belong in this war, it wasn't their fight.

But their war had come to earth, and Mia and Clarissa's parents had been the first casualties.

"So the enigma of combination..." Ironhide started, hoping someone would take over.

"The relic of Nexus Prime. It gives the power of combination. It boosts power and metal stability in combiners. It is also said to foster unity in the mids of beings." Chemico reported.

"The power of combination." Primal finally spoke. "That is not a good power in the hands of the decepticons."

"Its not a good power in the hands of anybody." Maim corrected.

"Imagine an army of devastaters." Bumblebee whispered in fear.

"Or Victorions. We could win the war." Windblade suggested.

"The relics are the Primes are bot to be used!" Maim shouted suddenly.