Chapter 19

Despite Ace passing away, the war still continues

Despite Ace passing away, the war still continues. Luffy passed out from exhaustion and the shock of losing his older brother. Carina is still fighting against Akainu to keep him away from Luffy, despite the tears streaming down her face.

Whitebeard is not in a good state either, not when Teach comes with the goal of killing him.

"Eerie! Take Luffy away from here!" She didn't hesitate to leave her and take Luffy away from danger. Jinbe comes to her side to protect Luffy. Marcon soars in the sky to help Carina stop Akainu.

For a single soul, tons of lives were lost.

But that single soul lost its life too.

"Ace, Sabo, and Luffy, let's go to the villages where they held a festival." Their innocent eyes sparkled upon hearing the word festival. "I brought yukatas." Carina showed the three clothes she bought for them: orange for Ace, blue for Sabo, and red for Luffy.

"Oh my, look how handsome my boys are." She tucked them in and showered them with kisses as she received giggles in return.

"Let's go; the others are waiting for us." However, before they truly left the house, the three boys pulled their mother into a hug and showered her with kisses too.

"Kaasan, we love you," the three boys utter in unison, making Carina's lips stretch into a smile.

"I love you three, too."

"Idiot why are you easily to provoke? But that is one of your charm... And I love that personality of you, my son. My stubborn and hard headed child, live. This time live a life without regrets."

"Watch Luffy for me, Ace. I love you, both of you." Carina whispered and place a kiss on Ace's head

Luffy was safe, and Shanks came to stop the war. Whoever goes against him will surely be dead by now. Shanks walks forward with his dear friend, who is holding the cold body of his son. Immediately, he draped his cape over Ace as he kneeled beside Carina.

"Shanks," Carina's quivering voice said, calling the name of her dear friend as she held the lifeless body of her son close to her.

"I failed to protect my son." Shanks watches the woman cry her eyes out as she caresses Ace's face.