Chapter 2

Towering books on the table, a blonde woman was leaning on the empty space of the table as she intensely stared at the wall where pictures were plastered on it, with red lines connecting each of them

Towering books on the table, a blonde woman was leaning on the empty space of the table as she intensely stared at the wall where pictures were plastered on it, with red lines connecting each of them. It's been two years since Carina held this case and yet she hasn't caught the malefactor. Yes, she has already fought against them, but they always have something up on their sleeves which allows them to slip away.

Gripping on the edge of the table, Carina was pissed, "Liberty." She gritted between her teeth. Liberty, the head of the Scale of Justice, They are a group of military personnel who were formed five years ago and fight against the world government just like the Revolutionary Army. "Liberty's right hand is Autonomy. For some reason, they keep their numbers short rather than enlisting more members." Pushing herself off of the table, Carina walks towards the wall. "Despite having the same goal, Dragon and Liberty are not working together, or it was just what they wanted us to interpret." She mumbles.

"Carina-san." A knock on her door snapped her from her deep thoughts. Kian stood at the door with a tray of refreshments in his hand. "I brought you some tea." He said and welcomed himself in, marching straight to the table. Kian placed the tray on the small space in the middle of the table before starting to carry the stock of books and setting them on the extra wooden chair.

"Thank you, Kian." Carina thanked him and went to her swivel chair, taking the cup of tea to help her ease up. "You've been working for three straight days, Carina-san. You should take a rest." Kian advised, making Carina chuckle. "You sound like a mother, Kian. Don't worry, that's what I planned. " The blonde replied as she took another sip.

"Any reports about Arabasta?" She asked once she placed the cup down. "Smoker-san arrived at Arabasta a few days ago and apparently he fought against the 2nd division commander of the Whitebeard Pirates, Portgas D. Ace." Hearing the name of her sound makes Carina perk up.

"Ace?! bahahahahahaha. It's a shame I didn't witness it." Carina's lips are set in a proud grin as she rests her chin on her knuckles, "A fire and smoke huh?" Their fight is futile. Anyway, continue. "

"Luffy-kun and his crew also arrived the day Ace-kun and Smoker-san fought, but what's engrossing is that Princess Vivi of Arabasta had to join hands." Kian finished, and Carina's once proud grin turned into an amused one, "Heehhh. A pirate helping a princess? Well, it's Luffy's nature to help those who are in need."

"Yes. Therefore, this will surely cause an uproar among the higher ups." Kian concluded. 

"Indeed, if Crocodile was defeated by my son, which I'm sure will happen, the higher ups will cover it by saying Smoker is the one who took down the Crocodile." Carina presumes and leans on the back rest of his chair.

"Surely Ace and Luffy will meet. It's been three years since they last saw each other. Kian, should I go to Arabasta too? A family reunion doesn't sound bad, right?" Kian chuckled, seeing how eager the woman was before him.

"That doesn't sound bad, Carina-san. However... "It's not like Kian's stopping Carina from going to meet her children; therefore, there's something they need to finish first. "We're docking at Mirabel Island in the next 16 hours, and if we sail to Arabasta, it will take us three weeks to arrive there. Ace-kun and Luffy-kun must have already left that island before we arrived." Kian reasoned out, causing Carina to pout and make incoherent noises.

"I want to see Ace and Luffy again. The last time I saw Luffy was a month ago and Ace was a year and three months ago. Why is it so hard to see my children?" Carina cried out, causing Kian to sweatdrop and sighed as he watched the blonde bite her handkerchief and cry.

Sometimes Kian wonders how the intimidating vice admiral, Carina, is the same person as the woman in front of him, who's whinny and turns soft and sweet like a marshmallow when it comes to her children. 

"By the way, do you know why Ace in Arabasta?" Carina questioned. "I'm afraid I don't know the answer." Kian replied, and Carina hummed, "Is that so? You did a great job today, Kian. Thank you." Kian nodded his head, appreciating that Carina acknowledged his hard work.

"Tomorrow the real work will come." Her gaze turned cold and her expression darkened. "Liberty and her men are on the move, we must prevent them at any cost."

Meanwhile, in Arabasta

"You met Kaachan before entering the Grand Line?" Ace perked up, and Luffy eagerly nodded his head. "How lucky. I haven't seen Kaachan in a long time. How's she?" The Fire Fist, exaggerated.

"Kaachan is doing well. Ace, have you seen Kaachan's speed boat!? It looks cool! I want to try it too!" The boy exclaimed, causing his older brother to chuckle and pat his head. "I'm sure Kaachan will let you try it."

"I want to see Kaachan again." Ace whispered as he turned his gaze to the vast sea. The last time he saw Carina was when she visited Moby Dick a year ago. Ace remembers the surprise on Whitebeard's face and his crewmates' faces when Carina introduced herself as his mother.

Ace even learns the secret of the 1st Division Commander. Marco had a huge crush on Carina back when they were still in their 20's. The whole crew teased Marco that day, leaving the poor man blushing so hard that he could beat the color of red.

"Luffy, did you know Kaachan was quite famous among men?" Ace grinned.

"EHHHHH!?"