Ren felt his brows furrow, "Cat Lady... Oh Ma'! And you must mean the Lady Bone Demon...!" He smiled in realization, "So you know Ma'!"

The girl nodded and shifted closer to the bars until Ren could see the sunken skin on her cheeks and bright blue eyes shimmering with hope, "Yeah... She said she'd help me as soon as possible but she was killed by something scary...."

Ren felt his body rack a shiver at the thought of his Ma getting slayed by something, "That wasn't her real body... She must've came here in hopes of finding you spiritually...! She's still alive and well!!" He smiled reassuringly.

"That's good..." Bai he glanced up at the boy with a tilted head, "But are you okay...? You look like you've had it more rough than me..." She muttered. Her long black hair looked like it grew over the duration of being locked prisoner in the cell. It practically circled around her feet on the floor.

"I'm not sure you can say that... Your stuck here in the mind and you can't freely move your body..." Ren trailed off as he came to a realization.

Bai he snorted, "Looks like your not too far off either..."

Ren gave her a look playfully, "Seems like we're in the same boat."

Bai he shifted her legs so that she would be in a more comfortable position to talk, "So your mom is the nice Cat Lady....?"

Ren raised a brow at her tone, "Well yeah, just not by blood obviously. I don't really have her goddess like skin or beauty." He grinned.

Bai he smiled and pointed a finger at him, "You smile the same way though."

Ren was caught off guard by the instantaneous claim, "That's... Comforting to know..." He sat down as well, rubbing the back of his head full of curls. Though his tail showed how happy he truly was by the comment, wagging like puppy given a treat.

"Got any more family?" Bai he rested her cheek on her knee as she listened, a soft smile forever painted on her face as she saw a blossoming light fill the boy's eyes.

"I got this simian brother and Pa'. I could probably count an Uncle in there too but I still have a grudge against him...." Ren stuck his tongue out at the reminder.

"Simian?" Bai he inquired with a raised brow.

"It's a ancient term that demons use to refer a monkey demon." Ren informed with a smile as he continued, "But yeah I have a brotherhood that includes a simian, dragon, and maybe a bull. We're still thinking about him because the dragon brother is very stubborn about fighting him on sight."

"What's the deal with the dragon brother and the bull one...?"

Ren smirked, "Had like one battle and now they can't wait to fight again to see who the stronger one is...!"

"Sounds like some blossoming romance novel...." Bai he muttered with a small giggle, "Like a enemies to lovers trope if you ask me..."

"Reminds me of my parents... Funny story! Pa' met Ma by being captured by her guards, while trying to steal a relic she was guarding!"

Bai he blinked at the out of context part of the story, "That sounds like a cool story..."

"I'm sure Ma' and Pa' would gladly tell you all about it to you when we get out of here... They're great story tellers..." Ren smiled reassuringly.

"But will I really...? Will I really get out of here... It feels like I've been in here for years..." Bai he sighed, feeling her exhaustion course through her limbs.

Ren frowned, "Time is irrelevant in the mind... So its to say that you could be in here for all eternity and time outside would be moving by just a few months..." He placed a paw in between the bars. A determination coursing through him as he realized that he could do something.

He could slowly chip away the Demon Bone Lady from the inside. And slowly start to crack her Chi core.

Starting with taking a piece of the host with him.

"What if I told you that I could take you with me.... But you won't be entirely out of here..." Ren looked up at the girl who was gobsmacked.

"I could see the world again...?"

Ren nodded, "But only through my eyes... I can't say for certain, but the Lady Bone Demon's control on me slackens the farther away I am... So if we get far enough, I could take partial control of my body."

Bai he's face brightened significantly as she quickly reached her trembling hand out, "Take me with you! I don't care if it's only a sliver of my spirit! I wish to see the outside world again! I want to see the nice Cat Lady again-!!"

Ren smiled gently, "As you wish."

-

Flipping the compass closed, Ren stretched his limbs as he glanced around with a smile, "Seems like I'm finally out of her reach."

'Looks like it!'

Ren smirked, "And it works!" His tail wagged happily as he heard Bai he's voice.

'Yep! And this could be considered the first time I've seen the desert!'

"Now let's formulate a plan..." Ren sat down on the sand, his cloak providing enough shade from the blistering sun for a moment, "I'm still held by the throat because of my slave contract so I'm limited to what I can do... The further we head west is where I could gain more control over my body."

'Most likely the Lady Bone Demon is either ignoring this shift in control or she's unaware of what's happening... Which would give us an advantage...'

Ren smirked as he felt a thrill shake his figure at the thought, "And all we need to do is keep up this act until we can get ahold of the Samadhi fire to sever the contract..."

'And that way, you could fight control for my body back and break her from within the mind-!!'

Ren was quiet at that last part, "I... I won't use that move on her..."

'Mind Force Intrusion? Why?'

Twiddling with his thumbs, he pursed his lips together into a thin line, "I used it on Ma' before... It.. It was when I was with my previous master... He was a complex demon.. Strong! But complex..."

'Oh... So it's not a very good one...'

"I promised that I would never use it again, but I used it again on my simian brother... He forgave me, but I still feel the guilt even now... I was blinded by rage at the time. Jealously, greed, and anger was not a good look on me." Ren opened up, "So Id rather we avoid using that ability... And find another route."

'Fine. We don't have to be the main power source that defeats her. We'll take the alternative route!'

Ren perked up at that, "Which is?"

'Have another do the work for us!'