Spider's Rise | 2

Rushing over roof gardens and balconies, Jinhua took a leap as she scoured the city for the group of kids and misfits

Her demon features were already out as she used them to her advantage, her ears sprouted up at the sound of a familiar cry.

Turning to the left on the opposite side of the street, she noticed a brunette running for his life.

"MK!!"

The simian brunette perked up at the sound of his name, "Huh?" His gaze turned in that direction to see a flaming sword flying down towards him, "WAH—!!"

But instead of striking him down, it whizzed past him and managed to slice down whatever was creeping up behind him.

Slowly turning around, MK felt a sweat drop fall down his temple at the decimated spider Mech twitching. With a yelp he jumped away from the spider thingy and felt his back bump into something.

Turning around he was met with the demoness herself. Her eyes glinting in the dreadful city filled with terror. A wave of relief and safety washed over him as he instantly latched onto the woman. His legs and tail wrapping around her waist as he smothered his face in the crook of her neck, wailing out, "WAHHHH—!! IM SO GLAD YOUR SAFE—!! THIS PLACE IS FILLED WITH SKITTERING LITTLE MONSTERS!!"

Jinhua let out a small huff of relief as she hugged the young simian close to her comforting, "I'm glad your safe as well..." A thought then crossed her mind which made her brows furrow, "I thought you were training today? Where's Wukong?"

MK blinked up from his position and turned to the side with his cheek smushed against her collar bone, "I.. I well.. We were both on our way to go and fight Spider Queen but... I guess— I freaked and screwed up because Monkey King left to go fight her by himself because he thought I would just be extra baggage..." His eyes glossed over at the thought. His monkey ears tilted downward.

Jinhua's violet eyes flashed a gold for a moment, "So he left you behind...? By yourself...!?" Her grip on the simian tightened at the mere thought of Wukong leaving MK in danger, knowing full well that the boy had a huge phobia of spiders.

MK shrunk in small tuff as he held up his jacket closer up his face, "I-I mean... Yeah...? I understand that I would probably get in the way of the fighting.. But I guess I wanted to be of some use of help...?" He sounded so unsure.

Jinhua stared down at the boy with a saddened gaze. Rubbing his back in circles, the demoness placed a small kiss on the top of his head, "I need you to stop the thoughts that are in your head, right this instant, young man..." she hummed contently, as she felt MK melt in her hug, "You are a very helpful asset to your team, friends, and family. Don't doubt for a second that you'll be in the way... Because you aren't. Your MK. A loyal simian who'll never give up to help his friends and family."

MK peeped up from the hug and rested a chin on her chest, "...You really think so...?"

Jinhua smiled softly, "I know so." With that she gave a small pat to his back as she slowly released him. She trudged over and yanked the blade right out of the spider machine. Sheathing her weapon on her hip, she turned back to the simian who held the staff nervously as he glanced around his surroundings, "MK, dear?"