Episode 30: Photo Albums

Author POV:

It was 2 AM in the night, and the car glided smoothly down the quiet streets. The soft melodies of Yoongi's piano playlist filled the air, creating a soothing ambiance within the vehicle. Yoongi glanced at Y/n, noticing the tension in her expression. He decided to break the silence and inquire about the recent attack.

"Y/n, are you okay?" Yoongi asked gently, his eyes briefly leaving the road to meet her gaze. "That was a terrifying experience back there. Are you holding up alright?"

Y/n sighed, her shoulders slumping slightly. "I'm... I'm still trying to process everything," she admitted, her voice filled with a mix of exhaustion and lingering fear... fear of being caught. "It was so sudden, and I never thought something like this would happen to our family."

Yoongi nodded understandingly. "I can only imagine how overwhelming it must be," he replied sympathetically. "But you're safe now, and we'll do everything we can to make sure this doesn't happen again."

A small smile tugged at the corners of Y/n's lips, appreciating Yoongi's reassurance. "Thank you, Yoongi-si. I don't know what I would have done without you and the rest of the family. Your presence has made a world of difference."

Yoongi's expression softened, his gaze filled with genuine care. "We're in this together, Y/n. You're part of our family now, and we'll always look out for each other." 

"Hmm." She replied. 

"Hey, you can call me Oppa, um, I-if you are comfortable, you know?" He said. 

As the car continued to glide through the night, Yoongi decided to change the topic, sensing the weight of the previous conversation on Y/n's shoulders. He wanted to divert her mind, allowing her a momentary reprieve from the chaos that had unfolded.

"So, Y/n," Yoongi began, a playful glint in his eyes. "Tell me, have you had any training in combat or self-defense? I mean, the way you handled yourself back there was pretty impressive."

Y/n chuckled, her tense expression softening. "Actually, one of my brothers have a black belt in taekwondo," she confessed. "It's something I picked up during my kiddy years when I watched him train sometimes and I guess it came in handy today."

Yoongi's eyebrows shot up in surprise. "Wow, a black belt? That's impressive," he replied, genuine admiration evident in his voice. "I'm glad you were able to defend yourself. It definitely caught everyone off guard."

Their conversation flowed effortlessly from that point forward, as if a dam had burst, allowing them to connect on a deeper level. They talked about their likes and dislikes, sharing stories and memories from their past. Yoongi learned about Y/n's love for books and her passion for photography, while Y/n discovered Yoongi's hidden love for gardening and his affinity for rainy days.

They delved into their favorite climates, discussing the beauty of autumn and the serenity of winter. Yoongi confessed his love for composing music during quiet snowfalls, while Y/n reminisced about the warm summer days spent by the beach.

Time seemed to slip away as they continued to talk, their conversation flowing effortlessly. Y/n found herself opening up to Yoongi, feeling a sense of comfort and trust she hadn't experienced before. Yoongi, known for his quiet demeanor, surprised himself by enjoying the interaction and finding solace in Y/n's presence.

Eventually, as the first rays of dawn began to break through the horizon, they realized how much time had passed. The car slowly pulled up to Y/n's house, and Yoongi turned off the engine.