Tales of the Clanless - Split Roads

Written by Pariah

— — —after the war, Apex— — —

"Well, that's it for me, everyone," a blonde-haired elf says as he finishes his drink.

"Is that really it, Aldon? C'mon, I know you can drink more than that," Nelia insists.

"Yeah Aldon, stay for another round," Kryuune insists. "I'll get the next one."

"Oh I know I can, and as tempting as that offer is, I have to get going, my ride will leave without me. These men were nice enough to give me a ride to the Woodline State, and I'd prefer it over a few day's ride there."

"So you're getting used to getting around with the Terran's carriages than ours," Lartia interjected with a giggle.

"Hah, what can I say? They're much faster and the trip is smoother. I can't go back to horse-drawn carriages anymore."

"I agree, it's just so much better," Nelia agrees.

"You only say that because you can sleep more peacefully with the cool air and without all the bumps waking you," Kryuune teases as Lartia laughs.

"Yes, that's the best part," she responds with a cute smile followed by her sticking her tongue out at them.

Aldon stands up and begins to head out to the door as he says his final farewells to the three. Once he reaches the door and steps through, he moves just out of sight before turning to his little fairy friend.

"I thought you were too busy to make it. Didn't the school need you or did you ditch your responsibilities just to come see me?"

"Don't push it. You're lucky I even came here at all," the little fairy responds. "Once she found out about my situation, Mentiv said she could cover for a bit while I said my goodbyes."

"Mentiv? That dark race, bat lady?"

"Hey, don't say that. That's mean. She's actually a really nice lady," Sebille defends.

"I didn't mean it like that. I'm just surprised. Races like that never really got the respect that they have now. So much has changed and is still changing."

"Yeah, I'm excited to see what comes next."

"As am I, little friend," the elf finishes with a smile.

"Even on your last day, you can't help it," Sebille sighed.

"Wow, not even a reaction."

"I deal with children almost everyday. I'm used to it. Besides what's one more child," the fairy responds with a cheeky smile.

"Hah, you've grown," Aldon whispered to himself.

"What was that?"

"Nothing. It's starting to get to that time, I have to go soon."

"Don't go getting yourself in trouble out there, just so you know, we won't be there to come and get you."

"Aww, I knew deep down you really cared. Besides, when do I need help getting out of any situation?"

Sebille merely sighed. "Really? At least once a week, and you still owe me for bailing you out from that love affair issue with a chieftain's wife."

"Haha, oh yeah. I was hoping you had forgotten about that. She really was such a beauty."

"Aldon," the fairy said with a stern voice.

"I know," the elf replied with a warm full smile. "This new venture is different so do not worry. But you take care of yourself," he finishes with a gentle pat on her head.