Frayen Wrath

***

--- Fort Alnus, Army Hospital ---

Date: August 9th, 2026

Malena hurriedly made her way down the hospital hallways, following the directions given to her by the lady at the front desk near the entrance. All the white and artificial lights confused her, and she lost a few times before being pointed in the right direction again. Although she enjoyed many advancements, these trinkets always had her on edge as the unnatural lights somewhat confused her senses.

But she pushed these thoughts to the back of her mind as she pressed forward. Her mind was more anxious about finally meeting with the solution to her dilemma but witnessing the state he was in made her second guess. Hopefully, the advanced medicines of the Terrans could get him back on his feet and back to some strength.

Once she calmed her nerves, she was set on the hope and excitement of finally getting a chance to meet the General. She knew she had to meet him if his feats were enough to impress her former master so much that he'd take a liking to him. Her late leader, Atilius, had met with Krysist at Sadera some time ago and talked about that experience, leaving an impression on her.

She went to the Ticaret and helped the Terrans with a military mission into a foreign land to get this opportunity to meet this man. Something Malena normally wouldn't do; assisting these types of strangers on such a risky mission, but she had one question that needed to be answered. She finally reached the door before being stopped by a familiar voice.

"Excuse me, what business might you have here?"

Turning around, she noticed a prominent Dark Elf, Frayen. "Just need to speak with him."

Frayen raised a brow before recognizing the Warrior Bunny. "Ahh, yes, I remember you. You are that Bunny that was tasked with rescuing my master. You seemed very eager to go; I meant to ask why."

"That's personal."

"Ahh, even more so why I need to know."

"I do not mean any harm to him if that's what you are concerned about," Malena replied defensively.

"I do not doubt that. If you wanted to, you would've had many opportunities out in the field. But still, mind if I join? I was heading there anyway."

"Do I have a choice?"

"Not really," Frayen replied with a smirk.

Remembering the horrific screams from the Ticaret chamber, Malena realized it was best not to challenge this, Apostle. The screams still echoing through her head days after saving Krysist. She has killed hundreds, if not more, men, in combat. It came with the job. The ones that could scream, begging for their lives as fear took over.

However, this was different—these screams. The sounds were so horrific that she couldn't think of a single example to compare it to. Those Gummus men sounded more like men slowly being eaten alive by a monster. Slowly, intentionally, painfully until the last moment.

"You are spending too much time with Rory," Malena said with a slight smile, admitting defeat. Frayen merely smiled as he gestured to her to go in first.

Malena took in a deep breath as she reached for the door. She opened it slowly just in case Krysist remained asleep. To her surprise, he sat up facing the door, no doubt from their conversation. There was a stand near him with a couple of tubes connected to his arm. His other arm was wrapped in bands as well as his head, and his eyes.

"You are looking far better than I had imagined," Malena commented.

"Is that a joke?" Krysist responded.