Tales of the Clanless - Teacher's New Assistant

Written by: Pariah_Yor

***

--- Alnus School ---

Date: April 21, 2026 

"Ahhhh-hhaaaaaa," a small fairy yawns as Sebille stretches from her miniature bed. Sebille rubs her face as she looks over to her roommates' beds that were empty.

"Huhhh... wait what? What time is it?" She asks herself as she faces the circular device hung up on the wall. She squinted as she read the time, 10:37 AM.

"Wait... crap!" Sebille shouts and quickly darts out of bed and checks her wardrobe. Grabbing her clothes - picking out this cute little white dress decorated with an assortment of flowers and a large bow attached to the lower back. After picking it up, she races to the bathroom to wash up in the tiny shower specialized for smaller races. After one last look at herself through the mirror, she smiles as she looks at herself all dressed up, letting her hair down this time around, *a new look,* she thought.

Sebille grabs her small purse and begins flying towards a place she recently volunteered at. A place that offered children of any race an opportunity for a higher education. At first she thought the idea to be ludicrous but after observing how quickly the children adapted to this, her mind about it began to change.

She observed the school day after day and eventually thought about helping. She approached Sarah after class and offered her services. Sarah was reluctant at first but after some internal debate, Sarah began to see the benefits of having the locals actively helping out towards the school and didn't want to discourage such behavior.

Today at 8:00 AM sharp, was supposed to be Sebille's first day but she was now running just a tad bit late. She hurried through the small town, attempting to reach school as fast as she could when she hit someone.

An orange-striped Neko began rubbing her forehead. "Watch where you're..." she began as she was interrupted.

"I'm sorry Nelia," said the fairy as she rubbed her face. "But I gotta go!" She adds as she takes off again.

She begins to reach the school as she sees the structure begin to enlarge.

"Almost there..."

— — — A few moments later— — —

Sebille floats there, arms drooped down as one hand grabs the other. She faced the floor while she was scolded by her new boss.

"I know you're just volunteering but I needed your help this morning. As instructors, we have an obligation to these kids," Sarah began as she continued to grade some of the school work.

"I... I know, I'm sorry. It's just... I haven't done something like this before and..," she tries to say as tears begin to form. "As their superiors, we need to set an example. It is hard enough that half of their parents don't want them here and-."

Sarah stops and thinks to herself. She is just volunteering here, I don't need to be this rough on her.

"Look, I'm sorry," Sarah says as she slightly pats Sebille on her back. "I appreciate that you decided to come help out. That you've taken time out of your life to help and I don't want to discourage you. This is very important to me and I need all the help I can get to make this work, not just for me but for Alnus. Do you understand that?"

Sebille could hear the sincerity and passion in Sarah's voice. Sarah genuinely cared about what she was doing here. She was frustrated she didn't realize it sooner, then maybe she would've put more effort into this. She quickly shakes her head and lightly smacks both of her cheeks to regain her focus. Confused, Sarah began to speak but was interrupted by Sebille's regained cheery attitude.