Hawaii Vacation

***

--- Honolulu, Hawaii, United States ---

Date: July 16, 2026

With the calm, relaxing breeze of the Pacific Ocean flowing through the hotel room, Sharpe looked toward the ceiling, reflecting on recent events. It had been so long since he had left Philadelphia since he was deployed on the other side of the gate; he couldn't even remember the last time he'd gotten away from the duty of a soldier. However, he was with his own family, but he wished he was in better moods.

With the refreshing, gentle wind being surprisingly comfortable, thanks to Hawaii's lack of humidity, it was one of many reasons why so many people rush to vacation there. For Sharpe, while not a navy man, he always enjoyed the smell of the pacific. That or being forced to live it with the number of times he passed through Hawaii during his deployments.

"Still awake?'

Looming over, his wife Sarah laid there with only a thin sheet covering her beautiful body. "Nothing. Just thinking?"

"That is my job," Sarah said with a yawn. "What are you thinking about at this hour? I thought you would be sleeping soundly with your beautiful wife cuddled up beside you." Sharpe replied, "I prefer the real thing, " with a kiss on Sarah's forehead."

After receiving a light poke on his bare chest and listening to a flirting insult about being a naughty man, Sharpe continued, "But I am worried about Lelei."

"You mean, turning into you?" Sarah pointed out. "That has crossed my mind."

Once Sharpe's deployment at Rondel was finished, his wife informed him about how Lelei had been struggling to deal with Cato's death. Then being rejected by Soredin's school(1) had sunk into a near depressive state. He knew where this would lead to.

---

The beating hot rays poured onto the beach's surface, and the combination of a chilly breeze sweeping through the Pacific Ocean's air created such an unreal experience. The combination of the two different temperatures had created a near-perfect feeling on Lelei's bare skin, finally understanding why so many females loved to sunbathe.

To Lelei's surprise, the weather had helped her body relax after the difficult time at Rondel, even though it had done little to reduce the pain of losing her first adoptive father, Cato El Altestan. The only hotter thing than the Earth-sun called Sol is the fire deep within her heart. The desire for revenge.

"Hey, sis," Selina said as she approached. "Come on and play with us. I think it will be cool if you do your water magic in the ocean. It will be one heck of a splash fight."

"I don't want to, Selina," Lelei replied. "I just want to sit here, okay?"

Not enjoying the response, Selina boiled up with annoyance as she grabbed her older sister's arm and said. "Come on! You have been sitting here for two days."

Lelei then raised her palm in front of Selina and magically generated a tiny repulsive force, slightly pushing Selina away, and gave a warning glare. While she had not literally sat here for two days, both times they had come to the beach, she refused to join Selina, and Rory in their fun. All she wanted to do was sulk, just sitting here and staring out at the endless Pacific.

"You realize that was rude?"

Knowing that voice, Lelei crossed her arms and mumbled, "I know, but I want to be left alone."