End of an Era - Tales of the Clanless

Written by Pariah

Nelia wakes up one early morning, slightly teary-eyed as she begins to take long deep breaths in an attempt to calm her nerves. She curls up, clutching onto her pillow

"Dammit," she says to herself. She starts to regain her composure as she slowly wipes away her tears. "Will these terrors ever leave me?" She asks herself.

She sits up on her bed, looking all around and notices everyone has already gone to do their daily activities. Nelia starts to stretch all over, her limber body, now more prevalent as it moves into positions not humanly possible. A loud purring comes with each movement, preferring to sleep in her underclothes to better appreciate the softness of her plushy bed.

Unbeknownst to her, not all of her party members had left as one watches the spectacle unfold before her. Nelia continues purring as she starts to groom her forearm, beginning to lick her arm excessively as her mind trails off.

"You really should not do that," a voice says coming from the doorway.

Nelia's hair stands up along with her tail as her widened eyes slowly make their way to where the voice originates from. The Neko's face slowly begins to turn red as she slowly retracts her tongue. "Kryuny, you know it's rude to watch people as they bathe, you creep."

"It's Kryuune," she sighs in frustration, "and when did Kryuny start being a thing?"

Nelia merely sticks her tongue out goofily. "Right now," she giggly responds. "But what are you doing here? I thought you wanted to see this new face paint shop that opened up?"

"It is a make-up shop and yes I did, but Malena wants us somewhere near the center of Alnus so I decided to stay back to make sure you got there. And besides... you seemed a bit distressed so I wanted to make sure you're okay."

"Ahhh... you do care," Nelia teases as she leaps and tries to hold onto Kryuune but a minor gust spell sends her right back into her bed.

"You're no fun," Nelia responds.

"So, it is okay for me to guess you are all better now?" Kryuune asks while adjusting her pink bracelet.

"Yup, I am all good, so go. You don't have to wait for me. I actually have something amazing planned but I don't think it is something you would like to do."

"No. That is why I am here. Malena says she wants to see us, and that means all of us."

Nelia groans and gestures to her to go. "I am fine so go. Besides, I want to finish bathing."

"Do you even know where we are supposed to meet?" The siren asks.

"Yeah... the center of town."

"I'll wait for you in the kitchen. Don't take too long," Kryuune finishes as she exits.

Nelia sighs once more as her smile quickly fades. The thoughts, the horrors, of her past never ceased and it has begun to get more and more frequent. 'Why won't you just leave me alone,' she thinks to herself as she finally gets out of bed.

She takes a deep sigh. "Well, no use in dwelling on it. Let's get this day started," she says to herself.

— — — an entrance to Alnus — — —

A lone figure casually walks up to the gate separating the wildlands of Falmart to the flourishing civilized city of Alnus. His blonde hair, practically shimmering under the bright flare. He wore a cloak that concealed his clothes. A smile forming on his face as he faces forward, finally being able to make out another figure waiting for him, Malena.