Tales of the Clanless - A Day of Leisure

***

--- Alnus ---

Date: May 4th, 2026

The flare shown down on the buzzing community of Alnus; children playing, running up and down the streets as everyone else proceeds with their daily tasks.

A blue-feathered siren made her way down the main road, wearing a cute, flower decorated, white sun dress that reached just above her knees. Kryuune held a small, black, thin strapped purse as she quickly made her way to her destination. She is on a mission. She had an appointment at a new shop that had appeared in town; a beauty parlor had just opened and she was excited for the treatment she was about to receive. A manicure and pedicure was just a few feet away from her and she couldn't contain her excitement.

As the town of Alnus grew in both population and size, many new shops began to open up. From varying restaurants that included one with Golden Arches to another with a bell. As time began to pass many forms of entertainment began to become available to the inhabitants of this bustling town such as bowling, theaters, and even more physically demanding activities like paintball and sport fields. Varying clothing stores and now something known as beauty salons, also, began to pop up around town.

As the new age began on Falmart, not many were more accepting than Kryuune, who seemed to embrace these changes with open arms. Though she was mostly neutral when it came to dealing with the developments of this town, the blue-feathered siren loved the new changes coming into this world. She loved the food, the culture, the products and even began to enjoy the genre of music these Americans called Country.

"Slow down," an orange-haired brown-striped Neko pleads. "I can't keep up, you are going too fast."

"Huh? Oh sorry Nelia, I didn't think you were still behind me," Kryuune responds as she stops to wait for her companion.

Nelia caught up and responds. "Wait, did you seriously forget I was behind you?," she responds as she pouts.

"I'm sorry Nelia but I need to make this appointment, I really need this."

Nelia giggles as she looks back at the siren. "I understand, not many things make you this excited so I won't stop you. Go ahead."

Kryuune merely blushes. "It is not that I am excited, I just really want to do this," she responds as she plays with her fingers. "You know you don't have to come if you do not want to. I mean you will be just waiting for me and I know how easily you can get bored."

Nelia just smiles watching how hard Kryuune struggles to express her feelings. "I know this is only for you but if it makes you happy then it makes me happy to join you," Nelia says encouragingly.

"I appreciate that, this is something new for me and I am glad I have a friend coming with me but I know you. I know you would rather do something a bit more exciting so if you want to go off, I will not stop you."

"Thank you, I knew you would understand. I'll see you after, then, but message me if you need anything. Okay, byyyeee," Nelia quickly responds as she runs off leaving Kryuune with her mouth open. She stands in disbelief, but quickly brushes it off and chuckles to herself.

"Well, whatever then," she says with a smile. "I'm still looking forward to this. Hope she has fun, whatever it is she has planned."

The little siren continues down her path, humming and singing a new song that had recently gotten stuck in her head.

"And I Ain't Seen The Sunshine Since I Don't Know When..." she hummed with a smile painted across her face as she gleefully made her way down the road. With just a quick glance, you wouldn't be able to tell she was a skilled warrior.