𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 35 |♚

Start from the beginning

We landed simultaneously, instantly intertwining our hands when we shifted back into our human forms. I knew we didn't have much time for me to pepper her with love kisses so I settled for just one with the thought of giving her the rest at home.

The castle before us gave off a very welcoming aura, not a single article of dust coated the window or glass doors. It seems like it was taken very well care of but surely there was no one here. From the information we received from Goddess Aine, no one but us and Kyras' mother know about this place.

"I'm thinking it's another magical element of this place," My sweet Kyra spoke up, blessing me with her voice and attention. "The ability to preserve itself independently." I nodded and watched as her gaze returned to the colossal glass doors in front of us.

"Shall we?" I tilted my head in the direction of the door to nudge her on. It was unrealistic to assume we'd find what we need to right away but that didn't mean we shouldn't start as early as possible. She took a step, I followed. Always returning at the same foot level as her. We pushed on the door together and both crystal glass doors began to shimmer as they opened up what they hid behind.

It was lavish, luxurious and heavenly. The antique design gave the place character whilst the coordinated colour scheme made the place lively. Kyra was already lost in a trance, her eyes widened more than their usual amount to suck in all the beauty placed before her. Silly Kyra, for it was her beauty that made my eyes light up when she was in any proximity.

"It's beautiful, isn't it Syfas?" She took steps towards the painting and furniture whilst I mindlessly trailed along, still bound to her at our hands. Mind and soul.

"Mhm."

"Where do we even start?" She gave the broad hallway one last look before she turned her attention to me.

"Well firstly, we're not splitting up," I stated firmly, holding onto her hand a little tighter. "Secondly, we need to find the light source before we end up lost in a dark dungeon." She huffed at that point, subconsciously telling me off for being a pessimist. "Thirdly, you love to explore, don't you? I'll follow you wherever you go."

"Firstly, I was not expecting you to let go of my hand let alone split off, not when clingy Syfas mode is activated."

"There is no such thing as-" She cut me off with three 'buhs' and a pointing finger.

"That's because all your modes are clingy." She whirled her finger around, making my eyes follow it.

"No." She raised her brows as if challenging me before she looked down to where my hand was planted firmly on her waist. When did that get there? "I'm not letting go." I shrugged.

"Secondly, I can conjure up balls of light with magic until we find the light switches."

"And thirdly?"

"Follow me." Til the ends of our dimension.

Our footsteps echoed against the marble tiles and creaked upon the floorboards. The stone gargoyles watched our every move. Kyra held her hands in a wide cupping motion as she led the ball of light, illuminating our path. She looked up at the chandelier that hung high on the ceiling and released a small portion of the light to float upwards, the glass made small rainbows on the walls. The chandelier lit up and glowed an oval ring around us, casting light upon the hallway ahead.

We entered, admired and left multiple rooms, scanning around for anything valuable. We had been walking straight the whole time, seeing the garden view shift through the windows as we kept moving. I believe the castle was larger than it appeared since it seemed to go on forever.