𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 27 | ♚︎

"I love you without any notion of what love is or what love means to love but it comes as easy as breath."

-atticus

Syfas' pov

My body moved automatically. I didn't know where I was going but I knew I'd be led to her.

My path always leads to her. I didn't doubt that.

Devil overtook my human form, red scaly wings opened up in front of me and then flapped at my sides. I smiled, remembering when Kyra told me it reminded her of a scarlet rose blossoming in the summer.

But right now, she was hurt. I didn't want to imagine her innocent face scrunching up in pain. It would show how I failed at keeping her safe.

I failed her as a mate. It had only been a while since she was crowned and I failed her.

I shook my head from these thoughts. I couldn't blame myself. It wasn't beneficial to anyone right now.

I flew faster past the soft breeze, easily swaying through trees. My wings took me where they wanted, no, needed to go.

I trusted my dragons instinct and let it guide me through the thick forest, not slowing down for a moment.

A sweet scent captivated my senses, flying me into an overdrive. My wings slowed down and I landed on the dry grass. My legs moving quickly, eagerly trying to find my little rose.

My little rose who had been pricked by another's thorns.

I took control over Devil again. My feet guiding me towards her heavenly scent.

I saw her, my ethereal Queen, laying under a tree; hurt. As I came closer, I could hear her hushed breathing, every breath getting shorter.

Small groans of discomfort emitted from her, my heart sinking to my stomach with each one.
My eyes caught sight of an arrow that pierced through her soft, delicate wings.

My hands and jaw clenched, my knuckles turning white under the pressure.

I took a deep breath of her scent once more, allowing it to enter my body. Feeling the freshness of it flow through my veins, helping me think straight.

I bent my knees slightly, leaning over to pick up my beloved. My hands came to life with the shocks she coursed through my skin, her smooth skin softly brushed against my clothes.

I looked down at the little fae in my arms, my heart dropping as she winced in pain.

As I hurriedly walked back to our Castle, my mind pondered over the scary thought, what if she had not found her way back to me.?

What would have happened to her? Just imagining my little rose anywhere away from me was bad enough but to imagine her in an enemies grasp was the scariest feeling.

Losing my little rose...

I wasted no time in storming my way through the tribes hospital, finding the best doctor available to treat her. Ensuring I was not hurting her, of course.

Many doctors gasped when they saw my little fae laying lifeless in my arms and their King grasping her tightly.

Worry explicitly etched on my face.

Dr. Mathews paced behind me, guiding me to his workplace. A wide secluded area, a mint green bed where I laid my Queen.

Immediately, I saw how her body reached out for me but then laid still. My hand held hers endearingly, not wanting to ever let go.